Skip to main content

ramblings from my mind

ok, so i normally don't do this, but i feel a tug and need to ramble for a few minutes. firstly, this passage keeps coming to me:

But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God-- having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.

So you are wondering why this passage keeps coming up aren't you. Well, look all around you and what do you see? I will tell you here what I see, I see the end times! I see lovers of money and contriband. I see people who are afraid to admit they love the Lord and act on the power that is given to us as CO-HEIRS WITH CHRIST. I see all of the things listed in so many places in this world around me. Most of all the one that really sticks out is the lover of money. Look at the economy. When it took a plunge what did we do? We all depended on the government to give us more money instead of depending on God to provide for us what we need. Now we have people who are depending on drugs because the money isn't working for them anymore. They are so lost, without the guidance of us believers, they don't realize that the answer to their problems is as easy and one word: JESUS! I pray that all of you reading this post are not in this category, but if you, please by all means, find someone to talk to about Jesus. If you aren't sure who to talk to, you can easily call my church.

My next rambling is this.... We all have friends here on earth. And there is a girl scout song that comes to mind when I think of the word "friends" it is:

Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold.

Why does this come up? Well as I was going through my bible looking for the passage above that I posted for you a few seconds ago, I passed over a bible study titled "Friends Forever" by Debbie Smith. That whole study will be in the next post, but I feel the need to let everyone know that yes, we do have friends, some are new friends, some are old. Most are silver, and for me only one is gold. His Name is JESUS. He is here for me when I need him. He holds me when I cry. He is standing by me in good times and in bad. He loves me for me and not for what i have done. Nor for what I will become. Jesus is all you need in a friend. When we have earthly friendships, that is great, when we have sipiritual ones with him, that is the best!!! I have an earthly friend who is my sister in Christ. Angelena is the best bestie I have had (aside from Jesus). She is here for me and I for her. We can sit and talk on the phone for hours and just let God talk through us to the other and it never bores us. We were recently on the phone and talking about the above passage and we were discussing how people want more and more and more money and I said, "wait a minute, if so many people want more money, wouldn't it be awesome if we would say forget the money, I want MORE OF YOU JESUS." It was an eye opener what happened last night (I will not put that here as it is private, but God knows) and it is even more of an eye opener when people you thought were your friends stood down the street watching and wouldn't help, but a bestie walking a friend out to his car stood out and waited the right amount of time (God's timing is perfect isn't it) and then approached. Said bestie was up with her bestie unti 3 am, got her husband off to work an hour late (he was actually 10 minutes late for work) then woke up at 9 am to make breakfast for her bestie and all of the children, then took the time out of her day to watch the children so that bestie could finish taking care of things and getting some sleep. I just love you so much Angelena and I am so happy that what I could give to you was in your words "What you do for me means so much more than any amount of money would." and as you said that, I cried tears of happiness because not 6 months ago, I thought I had lost my bestie!!! Love you lots lady!!! We will get through all of our issues and find ourselves again all of us! We will lean on each other as the dc talk song Lean on Me says. We will hold each other as we cry and we will rejoice together one day in Heaven with our Savior!!!

Well, that's enough rambling for now, more is sure to come as I work on finding myself. Loads of love to all of my fans!!! And lastly, here is a lyric that I just can't leave you without!!!


PEOPLE SAY I'M STRANGE, DOES THAT MAKE ME A STRANGER MY BEST FRIEND WAS BORN IN A MANGER!!! (DC Talk-Jesus Freak)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.