Skip to main content

I never realized....

As a mom, and wife, we have always kind of split the chores, but since our roommates are no longer living with us, it's just Ryan, Kenzie, Maddie and myself.  This is a blessing for all of us.  We have more space, but we miss the dog.  We have more time with the girls it seems, but we miss our friends too.  With all that said, I never realized how much work it is on a huge property.  Right now we are renting a 3 bedroom on a lake.  We have 4.56 acres and about 2.5 of that is in a lake, so that leaves me with about 1.5 to take care of plus the normal housewife work inside the house.  This past week has been a week of spring cleaning.  I started and I still am not finished because in the evenings, when it cools off enough, I have to go outside and mow.  I've had to chunk off parts of the grass an hour at a time.  I can't tolerate mowing during the heat of the day or I would have it done all on one day.  So I work on my school work, taking care of my girls, normal housework, spring cleaning, packing away things we don't use on a regular basis, and yardwork, gardening, etc.  To top all of this off, I've had quite the week with needing to have a tree groomed to keep my neighbor happy.  Yes, I have one of those types of neighbors who complains about EVERYTHING.

With all this said, I've been doing pretty good with getting things done.  I'm about to start my school work for the week, then some housework, and end the day with a little more mowing.  While it sounds boring, I can assure you my life has been anything but!

Now on to the kiddies:

This year Kenzie will be starting 5th grade!  I can't believe that it's her last year in elementary school.  It seems like only yesterday she started preschool with Ms. Barnes.  And now she's about to have her last day of elementary.  I don't know if I'm ready to start Middle School with her next year!  It's crazy!  I just want to place an anvil on her head and make her stop growing up!

While her sister is going to 5th Grade, Maddie is going into 2nd.  I can't wait to see what this year has for her.  She's grown so much this past year and I can't wait to see what she learns.

With all that said, I am planning on volunteering in both of their classes this year.  I'll take one day a week and spend an hour or so each day in each class.  I've already gotten the volunteer application in with the school system.  Kenzie will be joining the chorus again.  Not sure about recorder club, but chorus for sure.  And I am going to try and see if there's a sport we can get them in.  They tried cheer and while they loved it, I wasn't happy with the way they were treated by coaches and coordinators.  Since it was their first year, they were treated very poorly.  They both have asked about soccer.  I may just see what I can do to get them into a soccer league.

Before I go, I have a verse for you:

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 6:23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.