Skip to main content

World Changers

As I sit here pondering how amazingly awesome my kiddo looks with all her crazy blue and yellow hair for school today (I'll include a picture below), I can't help but think how awful that spray was for the ozone layer. I then morph into a thought of what would I do if I could change the world?

Really thinking over it, I think I would do what I am already doing and hopefully others would catch on. You see, it only takes one person doing something repetitively for others to catch on and really want to be part of the cause.

For about a year, I have made it a point to do at least one thing that brightens someone else's day. You see, I firmly believe that it is better to spread love than hate. If we make it a point to be nice and uplift others, they will do the same for us.

I think that if we were more supportive of one another rather than critical and demeaning, we would live in a completely different world today.

Think about it:

You are in a public place and someone is having a conversation with a waiter or cashier and realize they don't have the money they need for the basics. Do you ignore that and then make snide comments or do you give the person what they need so they can buy whatever it is they really needed and pray for them?

I would hope you would say the latter of the two. A quick story from a few years back is why I started this. I was having a girls lunch with my bestie, Juanita. Nita and I were just having a blast talking and catching up as we ate our Apple-bee's. We were going to go to Hobby Lobby after for some shopping around. We sat kitty-corner to an older man who enjoyed his lunch. When it came time for him to go, the waitress came and said her manager wouldn't allow her to pay for his lunch this time. My guess is that he was a frequent and that she normally covered his meal from her tips. Without hesitation, I walked over to him and thanked him for his service and laid $20 in hand. This many was brought to tears by the generosity of a stranger who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. The waitress came over to my table after he had paid and left to thank me because she didn't feel right making him pay for his lunch after all he'd done for our country. You see he was a war vet and he was left with little-to-nothing with the state of the economy that year.

After that time, I never saw the man again, but I came away knowing that I had just done the work of Jesus by loving on someone in need. I also made the decision that I needed to make it my mission to lift the spirits of others daily. It may not always be by giving money, maybe they only need a friend to listen to them or someone to pray for them. Whatever they need, I like to provide. Some days, it's a sneak attack on Facebook or Slack to let someone know you are thinking of them. Other days it's making cookies and taking them to a neighbor just because.

What can you do to make our world a better place?

And finally, that photo I promised you:

She's all dolled up and ready to show her school spirit! I'm so excited for all that this year has to bring her and can't wait to see where she goes from here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.