Skip to main content

Tests, they come...

In our lives, we are tested. These tests come in many forms. As you may have read the last time I posted, we have had our fair share of tests. Well, this past week was more of the same. Not only was it a long and stressful week at work, but I had a doctors appointment, I wanted to go to small group on Wednesday, and I wanted to buy a jellyroll for quilting... Not always did I get what I wanted. 

  • Work has been insane. Yes, I know I already said this, but until you really understand how insane it was, I'm going to say it again. For the first time since starting with the company over 5 years ago, I was WAY over my 40 hours, but not because I wanted to be. It was because we are a very small team. I am the only person who can get overtime because I am the one hourly employee. Therefore, to prevent others from working for free, I over scheduled myself. Everything that absolutely had to get done, got done. Even with my boss on a cruise ship, hopefully having the time of her life. 
  • Wednesday was the first small group back since I'd been exposed to COVID. It was great to be back with my ladies and I'm so sad I had to miss out on so much, but I have my bible study to do here at home to keep on top. Madison even went to youth group this week and came out asking to go back! 
  • Thursday, I had a doctor's visit. You see, in April I was diagnosed with prediabetes. As a result, I have been on a mission to reduce added sugars in my diet. Not only have I gone to sugar free, but I'm cleaning up the diet in general and trying to get more exercise in. When I was diagnosed, my hbA1c was at 6.4. That is just 0.10 away from being Type 2 diabetic. I was not going to allow a diagnosis to dictate my life. As a result, I have been very intentional about what I eat. I am doing carbs in the morning and a few at lunch and then going with very few carbs at dinner time. I have transitioned from soda all the time to water 90% of the time. If I have soda, it's a diet just once a day. Coffee or tea with splenda or stevia. You name it, I've changed it. It has been paying off! I'm 12 pounds lighter and my hbA1c is down to 6.1! Amazing considering I am doing this without the help of metformin!!! 
  • I wanted to finish two fall quilting projects this week, but haven't gotten anything done. I couldn't even find a jelly roll to save my life and Joanne and Hobby Lobby both got sassy with me telling me to go drive an hour each way to get what I needed if I didn't like what they had in store. Needless to say, I came home empty handed. 
Even with all of this, I am being tested. I hit every red light. Was cut off multiple times. Sassed by full-grown adults. The list goes on. And I hear that Brittani preached a sermon about slowing down this week. Slowing down is exactly what God was doing with me today as I went all over creation to try and get what I needed. 

I came home and have meal prepped breakfast for all week and am on to the snacks/desserts now. After that, I am going to spend the day reading my Elijah study and my 90 day bible plan (yep, started this too this week). 

As you are tested, take the time to slow down and see what God is saying to you because if it's important enough for him to test you, it's a lesson you need to learn. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.