Skip to main content

With a new year

 Every year, we set "resolutions" and we fail to meet them. Now, please don't take that as me being judgemental, I'm not. I'm simply stating what tends to happen. We are all excited about the new year and set all these unrealistic goals. We might be good for a few weeks, but as the year goes on, we stop doing our new habits and then we get right back in the slump of the previous year saying "I'll start on Monday" or "I'll start on such and such date" but that time never comes. 

This year, instead of setting myself up for failure, I have decided to take a different approach. I'm trying out the idea of a bullet journal. You see, I have always kept lists and lists of things and then I lose my lists. What my hope is is that I will be able to have all of my lists in one location and by keeping the journal in my purse so that wherever I go, it is with me to jot down whatever I need to jot down. Will it work, I don't know. But what I do know is that if I fail to try, I will fail anyway. 

I found the idea of the bullet journal a few years ago and have tried various types of planners, but they all failed for one reason or another. My friend, Teri, sent me one along with everything I needed to get started as a reward for a giveaway she had going on. It was the perfect excuse for spending intentional time working on getting organized going into the new year. I don't know that I'm doing it right and the next one will likely have a little different look, but the important thing is that I'm making an effort to get us on track going into 2022. 

Speaking of getting on track for the new year, here are our dinners for the next few days: 

  • Tortellini Soup
  • Pepperoni Pizza casserole
  • Chicken pot pie bubble up bake
  • Buffalo Chicken Taquitos
  • Flat out pizzas
  • Instant pot beef stroganoff
  • Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers
One of my goals is to transition us to more gluten free meals so while there are glutens in most of our meals, I am really limiting us to fewer glutens and introducing 1 meal a week that is gluten free. Then in February, we will be at 2 meals per week gluten free, and so on. By the time next year, I hope to have my family completely gluten free. It will be a huge step toward our health, and I can't thank my sister-in-love (Amanda) and her daughters for being the inspiration behind this step. 

If you'd like any of the recipes listed above, stay tuned. I'll post one every day this week for you! If you need the recipe quicker than that, please comment on this post and I will reach out to you to get you what you need. 

Many wishes for a blessed new year! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.