Skip to main content

This week at school.

Hi all! Kenzie here. I haven't posted on here lately being so busy at school. Here is the newsletter for this week:

Animals Everywhere

Dear Family,
This week Kenzie will learn about pets. Using the topic "I love animals" we will read stories about pets and the experiences the pet owners have had with them. You can help your child learn more by talking with him/her about the things he/she is doing at school and the new letters and words that he/she is learning. Here are some ways that you can work with your child at home.

Think and talk:
What did you read today?
What was the story about?
What did you make today?
Do you think ____ would be a good pet for us? Why?

Home activities:
Ff Animal Poster
Draw a picture of a fish on a large piece of drawing paper. Tell your child that the word FISH begins with the letter f. Children can decorate the posted by adding pictures of animals whose names begin with f, such as frog or fox.

Books about pets
Your child will listen to the story "The Greedy Cat" Ask her/him to talk about how he/she feels about the cat that always wanted more. Read other books about pets with your child. Discuss what the pets in the stories are like.

What I learned:
Here is a note from your child and his/her teacher.
Talk with your student about items around the house that start with the letter Ff.

We learned a new song this week also. It is:
Fifi Fish
(tune: "Five Fat Turkeys")

SEE FIFI FISH'S FINS.
SHE CATCHES LETTER F AND WINS.
SHE HAS NO FUR OR FEATHERS ON HER.
SHE WINS AND FLIPS HER FINS.

Here is also our vocabulary development that we are working on right now.
core words:
air/food
animals
bear
care
cat
deer
feathers/fur
jungle
land
living things
owl
pets
rabbit
shelter/water
wild

basic words
big/little
calendar
clock/time
earth
middle
mommy
older
woods.

other words we are working on
calf
caterpillar
chick/chicken
corals
cub
cygnet
desert
donkey
fluffy
foal
fresh
goats
healthy
hen
joey
kit
moose
mouse/mice
need
ocean
polar regions
pup
rainforest
seaweed
sponge
stripes
tuna fish
underwater
baby
bedspread
brown
brave
bridge
echo
eleven
footsteps
greedy
grumpy
gulp
light
pass
plan
polka dots
red
scared
yellow
curled up
ditty
galaxy
howling
nooks
prowling
shellfish
stomped
bigger/smaller
fewer/more
fewest/most
thick/thin
estimate/same
guess/how many
sort/graph
color/size
coin/nickel/penny
circle/rectangle
square/triangle
cone/cube
cylinder/sphere
rectangular prism
feathers/fly
fur
hop/legs
run/walk
wings
animal
child
dog
food
home
pet
air
bam
drink
eat
farm
need
adult
alike
baby
different
elephant
animal
fish
lake
ocean
plant
pond
tank
clean
help
park
throw away
trash
bird
continent
kangaroo
mountain lion
ocean
panda bear
penguin
riendeer
zebra.

I know that looks like a lot, but let me tell you we learn a lot in the little time I have with Mrs Brittany. We have lots of fun but we learn at the same time. I love going to school and now I must be off to bed. I have to see Mrs. Heather tomorrow in speech. I will post again as soon as I can talk Mommy into letting me.

Love you all!
Kenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.