Skip to main content

Chocolate Brittle Surprise

Last night, knowing that my brother often has a sweet tooth at night, I made some Chocolate Brittle Surprise. Here is the recipe since I promised I would put it here for Candice:

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Then lightly spray with pan spray (like Pam). Line the cookie sheet with saltine crackers. Boil 1 cup butter and 3/4 cups of brown sugar for 3 minutes. cover the crackers with this butter/sugar mixture. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes. Then put 12 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips over that immediately after it comes out of the oven. as it melts spread the chocolate so it evenly coats the crackers. Chill the brittle in the refrigerator or freezer until hard. Crack like you would peanut brittle, then store in ziploc bags in the freezer. Yummy!

Amanda makes this all the time and since I wanted something cheap and easy to make, I made this. It is so goooood!

Kenzie is at school and I am about to work on my Research Paper for school. Hope all is well.

Maddie has gotten to where here lately we haven't been giving her a nap and she is doing really well at bedtime. She lays right down with no fuss and goes right to sleep! Let's just hope this continues.

Ryan is helping Pop and Dustin work on the roof at this church that Pop got a roofing job for.

Candice hasn't woke up yet.

Kenzie has some home work today, so that is what I will be doing when she gets home.

And that is about it with us.

Talk more later.
Dawn

(pics of baby josh to come later also)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.