Skip to main content

Updates

I haven't blogged for a few days because there haven't been things going on here.

Saturday: We stayed home and watched Thunder on the television becase we weren't going to take the kids into the crowd. It was cold anyway. Dustin, Candice, and Joshua went up to Mom's house. Ryan worked until 6pm and expecting traffic to be bad because of the festivities, came home but got here earlier than ever! It was great to just sit around the house and do nothing. I cooked some pre packaged barbecue shredded pork, smoked sausage with sauteed mushrooms and onions, scalloped potatoes and green beens. We had a picnic in the living room while watching the fireworks (I wasn't very happy with them this year.) . Then we all went to bed.

Sunday: Ryan and I got up and got the girls ready for church. We then went out to Acts Full Gospel Church in Borden, Indiana. This is the church that Mom goes to. When we got there, we learned that Jackie (the preacher's wife) has basically given up on life. Pastor Smith told us that he is refusing to put her funeral in order because that to him would be like him giving up on her. Because Jackie is so sick, Fred played acoustic as the praise team sang. Nana led, Mom, Me, Kenzie, Missy, Devon, and Kimmie were the praise team yesterday. I love singing. I am now looking for a good keyboard to brush myself up on playing it. I am hoping that I can learn how to play all of the praise songs that Jackie played. I want to commit my ability to produce music to the Lord (I took some piano lessons as a child). I also commited my time on Saturday to the Gospel Sing/Fish Fry (that would be the Saturday comming). I am going to donate a cake. I am also going to get there at like 3pm since we start cooking at 4pm. They need all the help they can get. If you have nothing to do and would like to come out for a fun christian fellowship, please don't hesitate to let me know, I will get you directions. We then came home, I made the girls lunch, and then I took a nap. At 5pm I was on my way to work.

Monday: Nothing much happening other than Kenzie went to school and Mama Carrrie (one of the girls I work with) sent her some clothes that her grand daughter had grown out of. I love it when the girls from work send stuff home for my kids. Clothes are so expensive anymore and the kids grow out of them so fast, so I am not too proud to take hand me downs for the kids. And they love them. When Cori sent the ones for Maddie, she thought she was in heaven. She loved getting to see all of the "new" stuff Mommy had brought home for her and the same rings true for Kenzie and the stuff that Mama Carrie sent home this morning. So, when Kenzie got on the bus, I napped until Maddie woke up. And now here I sit with nothing more to say, so enjoy this music video I found.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.