Skip to main content

Derby, BBQ, school, kenzie, maddie, astma, and gardening among other things

Derby-- Yes, I watched the race. I wasn't originally going to watch, but since I decided that I would root for Eight Belles, I watched it. Very sad ending. Eight Belles broke both of her front ankles, and had to be euthanized immediately. I know that she isn't suffering, but it is still sad to see your horse come in 2nd place and then have to go down like that. I can't even begin to imagine what the jockey is going through right now.

BBQ-- we went to Nana and Pappy's for a barbecue yesterday. I got home in plenty of time to watch the derby. Food was great! It was even better seeing Aunt Charlotte, Aunt Sharon, Uncle Roger, Aunt Paula, Uncle Ivan and Sharon (different one). I hadn't seen Aunt Charlotte since I was under 2 years old, so you can imagine the shock on her face when I was "all growd up"! Anyway, we had a great time and ate, then sent candy home with Uncle Ivan since he was so nice to ask if I had some I could put in a baggie for him. I had made chocolate brittle surprise for it and it was a huge success! You can find that recipe in an eariler post. I think I posted it in April.

school-- is going well. I finally got my books in and now it's on! I am working on the homework assignment for week 2 now in the medical terminology class. There is a lot of reading, but I can do it! I will keep you updated on how that goes.

kenzie-- has been quite interesting lately. One day she wants to be a good girl and help us and the next, she is so rebellious, but hey, she's just being a typical 5 year old. She is doing great in school. I have her case conference this week, so I will update you on that on Friday after I get home from it.

maddie-- is learning so many new things and among them are putting sentences together. I am so happy that she is progressing like she should be. She will be having her birthday party this week, and I can't wait to see her face when they deliver the castle jump thing we are renting. It should be interesting since she is the one who loves to jump so much!

asthma-- acts up now and then

gardening-- is comming along

I will have to be going soon. I have to get some sleep so I can go to work. Hope you all have a great day!
Love,
The Cox Family

Comments

  1. Thanks for giving me the messages from Ivan and Sharon. I need to call them both. I have however had a set back in my surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.