Skip to main content

Value

I wasn't planning on making another post so soon.  God has other things in his plan.  When he speaks, I listen.  So here's what happened:

I finished the last post, got my homework done, pureed pumpkin to take to a friend tomorrow, got the kids showered and in bed.  I laid in there watching The Bible on netflix via my tablet.  I just couldn't quite get relaxed into it tonight.  So with sleeping children in the house, I went in for a relaxing hot bath.  Normally this will calm me right?  Well, as I lay there in the hot water, conditioner in my hair, I heard these words, "YOU are more PRECIOUS than RUBIES"  and I knew that the Lord was telling me the truth for my next lie! 

Lie #2:  I am an unlovable, worthless person. 

TRUTH:  Proverbs 3: 15-- She is more precious than jewels and nothing you desire can compare with her. 

Proverbs 31:10-- An excellent wife who can find?  She is FAR more precious than jewels. 

1 Peter 1: 7-- so that the tested genuineness of your faith-- more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire-- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 

For this one I needed to break down more than one word, really for myself, because I was interested in the hebrew for each word. 

Precious means of great value, not to be wasted or treated carelessly. 

The hebrew word is yaqar.  It means to be precious, prized, appraised, costly valued. 

jewel-- a precious stone, typically a single crystal or a piece of a hard lustrous or translucent mineral cut into shape with flat facets or smoothed and polished for use as an ornament. 

the hebrew word heder is a masculine noun meaning jewel, an ornament, adornment splendor.

To prove this was a lie, the Lord was telling me that I am more precious than jewels.  I am an ornament, I am precious.  I am of great value.  I am not to be wasted.  I am not to be treated carelessly.  I am prized.  I am appraised.  I am of costly value.  Wow how humbling is that?  When you are feeling down on yourself, feeling worthless, remember that to God you are of GREAT value.  You are the love of HIS life.  You were so valuable that he gave you a job to do.  He sent you to earth with a purpose to fill.  You are valuable! 

This was so very humbling for me because for years I have believed the lie from the enemy that I am worthless. This I can say with authority in Jesus Christ is a lie!  It is not true.  Each and every one of us are made unique.  God made us unique to fulfill a purpose and if we were not valuable He wouldn't have called us for the purpose he has called upon us to fulfill.  The Lord has a plan for my life just like he has a plan for yours. 

Lord,
I come to you tonight humbly thanking you for speaking so clearly to me tonight.  Father, I know that I am valuable.  I am precious.  I am like a ruby.  I should be shined and showed off not thrown in the closet and hidden.  I am yours Lord!  Mold me and make me like the refiner refines gold.  Like the potter works clay.  Thank you Lord for your blessings.  I pray now for anyone who may see this tonight, tomorrow, years down the road.  I pray that you would bring this posting to them when they are in their darkest hour.  I pray that it would speak to them just like you spoke to me.  I am a daughter of the King!  I am a precious princess.  Thank you Jesus! 

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.