Skip to main content

Yesterday....Today....Tomorrow

 "Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. but one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:13-14


As I think about this passage, I am reminded that we are all on a pathway or road. What we choose to do with that road is ultimately up to us, but we should be cautious as it is never good to dwell on the things of the past. We will not forget them, but the things that happened to and around us in our past is what has molded and made us into who we are today. If your life has been full of plenty, maybe life made you unprepared for a season of famine. However, if you grew up like I did, there were seasons of famine a plenty and that has enabled me to endure more seasons of famine as I grew into adulthood. While I recall these seasons, I don't dwell on them because it will do me no good. Remember the story of Lot's wife. She looked back as they were fleeing Sodom and Gomorrah. As a result of disobeying the Lord's command, she was turned to a pillar of salt. This visualization alone tells me that it is never a good idea to dwell on the yesterdays when there is so much yet to learn about today and the tomorrows that are yet to come. 

Today, I thank God for all I have because just a year ago, we had but one car. We were just coming back from a time when my husband was furloughed because of COVID-19. I was making significantly less than I am now. But... God. God had a plan. He always has a plan. That plan was written long before we drew breath. I do not know his plan, but I know he has one and I have to trust that he will reveal it in His timing, not mine. 

As we look to tomorrow, we are holding our heads up and hoping for the best. We know that things aren't always easy, but we also know that without God's presence in our lives, we wouldn't be where we are today. We look to the tomorrows that are yet to come and know that we must keep growing in the Lord in order to experience all he has to offer. 

In closing, I pray that if you are stuck in a pattern of worry and frustration over what has happened in the past that the Lord will soften your heart and allow you the ability to no longer fret over times that have passed. To live and love in the moment and to look to the future. After all, the future is where we have the most opportunity for growth in our lives. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.