Skip to main content

HMS... and other things...

HMS HOME WARRANTY-- is not a warranty I will recommend to anyone! I know I have said this before, but now, I am positive that I was taken to the cleaners! They denied my claim on the heater stating that "the cracks were caused by everyday wear and tear but the claim is denied because the tech said that the furnace hadn't been properly maintained over the years." It really upset me because I know he got mad at me for calling to verify that I didn't need to pay a second deductable to him and then he chewed me out for it. I have since filed a complaint with the BBB only to find out that there have been HUNDREDS of complaints in the last 36 months.

FAVORITE LUNCH-- The girls have found their favorite lunch is ramen noodles with egg and cheese. It sounds grose, but you fix the noodles, then just before bringing off of the heat drop an egg in and scramble it. Put in bowls and then top with cheese! They love it.

Kenzie is doing well. She is excited about comming to Grandma Tigger's house. She can't wait. She says, "Mommy, can Riley and Shelby sleep on floor with me like a party?" So hopefully, they will think it is cool too. She loves her cousins so much! Her other cousin, Nick, is letting her borrow her v smile so she will have something to do on the way to Ohio. I can plug it into the input and she can play the v smile as we drive. I think she will enjoy that.

Maddie is getting into everything. She has figured out how to open cabinets. So, I put all of the chemicals in the shelving that is in the basement. She has been saying "me, you and numm" here lately. She says numm when she is eating! And when I talk about her she says "me" then I was running around the house and she started yelling "you" I thought she was being silly until she kept following me saying it.

Ryan is doing fine. He can't wait to see his grandparents. We haven't seen Grandpa Craig since Kenzie was only 2, so we are all excited about that. I will try and put some good pics of all of us on here when we get home.

I talked to Grandma Tigger today and she has been making all kinds of goodies for all of us. Fudge, Buckeyes, Pumpkin rolls, etc. I love it when she does this! She enjoys it and we like to eat it. Not that I need the calories, but who is counting... LOL!

I talked to Mom today and she is going to help us with the furnace expense and let me pay her back. Thank GOD for Mom! She has been a GODSEND here lately. She bought a new car over the weekend so that we could buy her van from her. That helps us out tremendously.

Well I guess that is it for now. I will update again when we are home from Ohio which won't be until Sunday! Wow that is going to be wierd, no updates until Sunday. What will you do? Anyway, have a great week!

Love,
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.