Skip to main content

Wow Weekend.

Where to begin??? Still no furnace. Car still messed up. Mom didn't get the kids this weekend because she was buying a new car. I worked my tooshy off on Saturday. First shift I put up with two people who think they can run the world. Then second shift we decided to have a shower aide and then the shower person would do other things to help out when one of our aides walked in the shower room as I finished the 7th shower, and said, "WHAT ASSIGNMENT ARE YOU TAKING WHEN YOU GET DONE!" I went awol! I was not going to do all of those showers 6 of which were his showers and then have to do an assignment. He had made sure that NONE of the people on the assignment he was trying to pass off on me were put to bed and it was almost 8 pm by the time that I got finished with the showers, so one of the nurses took charge and told him not only was it not appropriate for him to do that but that he was not to take his break while someone is showing a person leaving one aide on the floor, but he did anyway, then she said, that I would pass Ice, answer lights, pull linens, trash and straighten every room. I ended up having to put some of his people to bed anyway because he was mad that I didn't take an assignment, so he just was hiding in rooms to avoid having to work. Sunday, not much better. I didn't get any of my breaks. There was a mandatory inservice to tell us about the annual mandatory inservices that have to be done from now on on the computer, but it has to be done on the computer at work. That really is hard for me because I only work the two days a week, and long shifts, so if I am going to do them I have to stay late on a Sunday night to get them done. They also said "you could come in on your day off" I was like, no way am I going to have my children running all over the place, plus, why would I come in when it is a 40minute drive each way, I will just have to figure it out. Then, Bob (the supervisor) told me that I could leave at 8 pm because they are cutting costs again, so since I didn't get any of my breaks, he was letting me go early! That was nice. I got home, showered, checked e mail and went to bed. Woke up this morning with a horrible head cold! And I am supposed to be leaving in two days for Ohio. Gosh this isn't fun! I really don't want to be sick on my trip! I just hope that the kids don't get sick! Anyway, I will let you know anything else as I can!

ttfn (ta ta for now)
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.