Skip to main content

A Whirlwind Of Events!!!

Wow what a trip! Here is a review for you!

Weds-- We took Ryan to work and then came home, packed up the van, and then picked up the v smile from Candy. Then it was back to pick Ryan up from work and off to OHIO! So we made it to Kent in 5.5 hours. It was a good ride. The girls were great travelers. They watched the vcr tapes that I had packed and listened to their children's music. Then got a little restless and so I got out the v smile controllers and they pretended they were playing a game. When we got to Grandma Tigger's house, we visited and went to bed early that night. We were all tired from the trip.


Thursday-- Pappy, Yaya, Uncle Derrick, Aunt Amanda, Riley, and Shelby came in from Florida. We hung out most of the day and then went to Hartville Country Kitchen for dinner. It was great. Maddie didn't want to let me go. When we got there I snuck her to Uncle Derrick and then hid behind Grandma so that He could hold her and then when she noticed I was gone, I took her back. Sorry you didn't get more love from her! Maybe next month when we come to town. So after dinner, I rode back to Grandma's house with Deke and Amanda, Grandma and Carol also rode with them. We went through a DRIVE THRU Liquer store. I have never seen them. Amanda got this PARROT BAY stuff (I don't normally drink, but I had a taste and it was great!) and Deke got beer. YUCK!


Friday-- This was one of the big days! Roy, Ryan and Deke went "over to Timmy's" to decorate and help cook for the surprise party. In this case, "Timmy's" meant the church hall at Kent State University! Then when it was time, Grandma, Carol, Roy, Kenzie, Maddie, Ryan and I all went to KSU. Deke, Amanda, Riley, and Shelby were already there with the rest of the people who came. As Grandma walked in and noticed that it was a surprise birthday party for her, she was so shocked! I got a few pics, and when I get others e mailed to me I will put them in here. We had a great dinner, and shared stories. It was just a nice time to be together with everyone.


Saturday-- Mike made breakfast for the Cox Clan at Ottos. Then we were off to Mentor for Grandpa Craig's birthday bash! He just turned 90. We had a great lunch, then went back to Uncle Dave and Aunt Vicki's for the OSU game. TOO BAD THEY LOST! We had some dinner, and Ryan and I took Maddie back to the Hotel for some much needed rest. I forgot to hang Kenzie's Jammies on Pappy's door, so they accidentally woke Maddie up when they brought Kenzie and Shelby back to put them to bed. The two girls got in their Jammies, then laid on one of the "big" beds and rubbed each other's faces until they fell asleep.


Sunday-- We got up early had breakfast, then it was off to Uncle Dave and Aunt Vicki's again to visit some more before everyone left. After they left, we watched the BROWNS LOOSE! And we took the girls back to Grandma's but Roy accidentally told us to take 90E instead of 90W and we ended up 40 miles from Erie, PA before we realized we were going the wrong way! (OUT OF STATE DRIVERS!) So we made a 1 hour trip into a 2 hour one. We got to Grandma's and hung out. Aunt Terri was there coloring Kristen's hair, and Kenzie wanted her hair "painted" so we let her get some streaks in it. I have pics, and I will put them in at the end!


Monday-- We got up early and headed home when Butch got there to pick Grandma up for the airport. She was leaving for Florida at the same time that we left to come home.

Pappy's Angels! He asked for girls, and that is exactly what he got! 4 of them. From Left to Right: Shelby 4, Kenzie 4, Maddie 1, Riley 7. They love each other!"Riley, read a book to us please" is what I call this one!BEST FRIENDS! These two were so cute together, they held hands and hung out the entire time we were all in town! It was great to see the love they have for one another even though we don't live close to each other. I have never seen a little girl with as much love for her cousin and Kenzie has for Shelby. She just loves her to pieces and hated to see her have to go home, but she was a champ. I told her that Shelby had to go home and take care of Maggie and Sam and get her house ready for us to come next month then she was ok. Goofy girls!Sleepy Shelby! This was taken at Grandma's Birthday party!

This is all I can handle doing right now. I will add the other pics at a later time. Hope all is well.

Love,

Dawn

Comments

  1. Glad to hear you all had a good time. Hope to see you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're happy you made it home and are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.