Skip to main content

Cox Family Crazyness

So far this year, we have had a bunch of crazyness followed by some forgetfullness on my part.  I do apologize for not updating you sooner, but I'm gonna try and hit the highlights for the month and then I think I am going to make a goal to get 1 post a week in here.  Keep you updated on our lives.

Update for 2013 so far:

January Happenings

Week 1:  We had a great week 1.  We started the year off by going to our annual New Year's Party with our friends Scott and Juanita.  This year, it was lower key than last year and that's good!  Ryan had to leave on New Years Day, so we didn't make a big to do about it.  We took some games over and had a nice family game night with them and Scott's brother Patrick! It was nice!  Then New Years Day, the girls and I dropped Ryan off and he spent the week in either Georgia or South Carolina (I honestly can't remember which.  He's been so many places lately I get confused!).  And we had a low key final few days of the girls being out for winter break.  They enjoyed the quiet time!  And so did I!

Week 2:  The girls had a time of getting back into the swing of going back to school, but did well and were rewarded with a fun craft night!  We did some scrapbooking on the 12th with our friends Deb and Juanita while the guys went fishing!  Followed that with the girls watching a movie in our room while the adults played Gesstures!  Too funny!

Week 3:  We got the report cards and were pleasantly surprised!  Mackenzie improved her "C" in Science to an "A"  so she is doing great!  She's now got 2 A's and 3 C's.  Slow and steady wins the race my friend!!!  Maddie is also doing much better in school!  We are so happy to see they are both improving so much!  And we started planning Mackenzie's birthday party!  It's hard to believe she's gonna be 10 already!!!  Doesn't seem like she should be that old, but it's the price you pay for time going by so fast!  We are doing it on the 17th of Feb.  At the local park and she's chosen Monster High for the theme!  This should be quite interesting!!!

Week 4:  I've been doing tons of soul searching and so has Ryan lately.  We both know we don't like him being gone, but we understand the need for him to be gone in order to provide for his family.  So, I decided it was really time to go out into the work force.  I applied at 9 different places today.  I had a goal of 5 and ended up doing 9!  We have been quite selfish in our attempts with work and have only been looking within 5 miles of our house.  Quite selfish, yes I know.  I have expanded my search to include Clearwater.  I love that city!  Even though I am not from there, Clearwater is what I consider home.  It just fits for me!  So, we are looking at jobs and possibly housing in Clearwater!  We just need to do what's right for our family and I don't think that being where we are now is condusive of a great amount of success for us.  We shall see where the Lord leads us.

And Finally Goals for this year:

* Lose 40 Pounds.
*Walk 3 times a week (or run)
* Enroll kids in before/after school care with their schools
*Register truck and get it on the road (new battery)
*Get a job and get Ryan home
*Evaluate, Pray about and decide what to do about our housing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.