Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

Hello out there!  I know I'm a week late, but we wanted to wish you a happy new year!  

We have lots going on and will try to keep you all updated more, but here's the jest of it:

The Cox's are moving AGAIN!  This time, we are headed to the mountains!  We are relocating to North Carolina.  We really feel this is the best move for our family.  While I am in college, we feel that because I am taking online courses, the best move for us is to go to a state that we can all be together more often.  With Ryan's work schedule, he can be in North Carolina more often (usually) than he is here in Florida.  With all of that said, and having taken 6 months to pray over this and discuss the pros and cons between the four of us, we made the decision to go.  

In no way was the decision an easy one, and I'm sure that some people will not be happy that we are leaving our beloved state, but we really need those people to understand that we are not doing this because we want to hurt anyone, we are doing it to better our future, to better the future for our children.  We feel the Lord has been guiding us north for a while, and He chose to reveal our next location to us this past summer.  We fought him on it.  We were like Jonah and the whale.  We didn't want to do what the Lord wanted us to do, but we have come to realize, like Jonah, when the Lord says do something, it will happen.  

So, what does this mean?  It means that I will continue my Associate's Degree via the internet, just like I am doing here in Florida.  It means that the girls will have to change school's, but they will be going into a much better school district on the other side of the move.  It means we have all of the normal relocating things to do, but most of all it means that we will be growing together again as a family.  Re-learning how to communicate effectively with each other, learning how to love one another locally rather than across the miles.  It means more quality time for each of us to have with each other.  

This move really is a time of newness, refreshing, and learning to lean on the Lord.  While we are excited to move, we know there will be challenges to overcome and we know the Lord will provide.  We pray that all of our closest friends and family will support our decision to move to another state. We love you and will miss you more than you know.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.