Skip to main content

Memorial Day and This Month's happenings...

Hey all. How are things going? Let me fill you in on the happenings around here lately. We went up to Mom's house for a cookout for Memorial Day and it was great. Maddie and Kenzie wore themselves out to the extent that as soon as we got in the car, they were both sound asleep. They both went right to bed when we got home too. We ran and played for hours outside. Mom lives on a 9 acre farm and so she has the room for us to run all the time. They too are getting a swingset for the kids so that they have something they can swing on at their house. The one they are getting is going to be bigger than the one I have, but I think that the kids will love it. Mom helped me to start planning a few things. I need to take some of my Landscape timbers to create a box around the swingset after we cement it in the ground and then I will use roundup to kill the grass and put rubber mulch inside the box so that if the kids fall off of the swing, they won't get hurt. I have made several plans for the outside of the house. I will post pics of the before and after when I do it. I will be starting to move the landscape timbers soon and putting the bricks in where the landscape timbers are. I think that sums up the Memorial Day thing.

Now for the cakes for this month:

locker cakes

graduation cupcakes

graduation cake

bowling cakes

nintendo wii cake

german chocolate cake

microphone cake


there may be more, I can't remember off of the top of my head. But that is a look at what I have so far. I can't wait to get it all done. I think I will have lots of fun with it.


I also got some new pics of Maddie this past weekend. here they are:


Look, we have instant best friends. Kenzie and Maddie love holding hands in the car. They just started this since Maddie is turned around forward facing.

Maddie is enjoying her forward facing carseat. She is such a big girl now!

Look at the smile! She is just so happy. I loved this one because she was showing us her teeth! And, yes, the slober is because she is teething! She is getting her first molars. I know that she has to be in pain.

AWWWWWWWW! How cute! Daddy was tickeling her here. And Nana wiping the slobber from her chin. I really do love my girls! They are so much fun! I don't think I would ever want anything to have happened any different than it did for us. They have truly been a blessing for us! They are the greatest!

Love,

Dawn

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.