Skip to main content

House in Charlestown

Hi guys, I thought I would put the pics of the house on here for all of you to see. My computer is back up now. I got the ac adapter today. And the mortgage company is working on the paperwork. They will call me with a rate as soon as the appraisal is done.

This is the front of the house. I really did fall in love with this house all over again. I have some landscaping to do, but I talked to mom and she is going to let me take some of the plants from the house we currently live in and do the landscaping there with them. I think I can reallly make the front of the house look good with the plants I currently have.

There is a two car garage and a breezeway. The breezeway connects the house to the garage. That is really nice. Ryan was quite pleased when the car fit in the breezway and he could back it out with no problems.

This picture shows how the house connects to the garage and the steps in the back are the steps that go up to the deck.

When you go in the house, if you go upstairs, you come to the living room and yes, the carpet needs to be cleaned, but I am going to be doing that this week. I will have things taken care of as soon as I can get up there.

Then we have the eat in kitchen. That is the first comment Ryan had. "The color of the walls has to go" he said. I couldn't agree more.

Now we have the rest of the kitchen. I love the cabinet space. I don't know how I feel about a blue countertop, but I can live with it for a while.

When you go down the hallway, you come to the first bedroom, that will be Maddie's room. I hope that I will be able to do a rose garden theme in that room soon.

The second bedroom is Kenzie's room. This used to be my bedroom. I think she will love it. She has already asked me if we could paint her room Pink!

Across the hall from that room is the Master bedroom. It has two closets in it and a 1/2 bath off of it. There is also a bathroom down the hall across the hall from Maddie's room.

Downstairs is the Dining Room. I love the minibar area. It is in great condition.

There is also a den area with a wood burning stove. I love that so that I don't have to do so much furnace in the winter time.

There is also another bedroom downstairs. I will probably make this the guest room. Although, I may make the Master Bedroom upstairs the guest room and make the room downstairs the master bedroom. There is also a large storage closet in the basement. Along with a laundry room and bathroom with shower off of it. I will be doing some painting in the months to come. But all in all, I love the house. I will keep updating you on the developments with the house.

Love,

Dawn

Comments

  1. Hello,
    It's me Riely's mom(Kendra),Of coarse I remember you guys. I am the one who told Beth that I knew who you were.She told me about the blog and When I seen Kenzie's picture, I realized I knew you. It would be great to get the kids together to play. I love the Blog, You have done a nice job with it. I just started mine and thru it up to just get going. I love the house you posted it looks nice and roomy.You could do so much with that place.Congrats!
    My email is alphachic@gmail.com
    talk to ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is just beautiful!! I cant wait to have my own house!!!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new house. Is that right around the corner from where I use to live?

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's it. My parents live in the first house on the right just as soon as you pull onto Poplar. How crazy is that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.