Skip to main content

What a weekend....

I had a very busy weekend at work. I mean, it was like I couldn't get anything accomplished, I was just running everywhere. I mean, look at it like this, usually, we are able to get both of our fifteen minute breaks and our 1/2 hour lunch break in each shift. First, we didn't get any of our 15's. And had to force our 30's, so that means, that for first shift none of the 4 of us could take our short breaks and on second none of the three of us did. It really sucked. I couldn't believe how busy it was. I had a patient, who I love to pieces. I admire this woman. She is so very strong with everything going on with her. She started crying at about 10pm last night, I asked her what was wrong, she said, "I know that me going home on Tuesday is going to be a good thing for me, but man am I gonna miss you. You have helped me so much, I just don't know how to express how much I appreciate it." I was speechless. I just hugged her and told her that I would be thinking of her for a very long time, and I hope and pray that all turns out well for her. She is such a wonderful woman. She is a strong christian woman and I just can't believe all that she has come through. I can't say anymore than that due to the law! I got off of the phone with one of the Mortgage guys, they could have us closed on the house by the first part of next week, but they are slowing it down just a bit due to the fact that I am getting a second opinion to see where the best deal for me is at. They both can respect that and I so very much appreciate that they are so willing to work with me on this. I can't wait to get moved in. It will be nice to get over all the stress from buying and moving. I will keep you all updated as I get more info. Kenzie had fun this weekend, she, Maddie, and Daddy all went to help Nana and Papa. They got hay for the horses. Ryan and Papa loaded and then unloaded 125 bails of hay. Ryan said "I don't think I have ever itched that much!" I thought it was funny. Kenzie is watching tv now and Maddie is having a nap, I will keep posting to let you all know where I stand with the house.
Much Love,
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.