Skip to main content

A Summer Recap

I just wanted to take a few minutes to recap our summer. I will post the pics that I have chosen for the summer recap in "A Summer of Pictures" after this post. We as you know spent the summer without a vehicle, none the less, it was a fun summer. School starts in a week and a half, so here goes:

We spent many days this summer at various beaches. We went to Fred Howard Park Beach, Sunset Beach, and Green Key Beach for the most part. You are wondering how we managed this aren't you? Well in between Roy and Carol allowing us to use their car, we were invited to ride along on many of the occasions with our friends. The girls loved it! And Kenzie has managed to almost perfectly figure out how to doggy paddle in the water! She is doing so good for not having any swimming lessons.

We spend most of our hot summer nights in front of the wii. We have come to love this system. We have many games we love, but Mario Kart Wii is Kenzie's favorite right now. She only started getting interested in it this past week while her friend Kevin was over. He took his time and helped her learn that she doesn't need to turn the wheel very far to control the car that her character is in.

We did make our fair share of trips to the park as well. The most recent is described below:
Last weekend I got a call from my friend Deb. She was asking if Monday we had any plans. I said "Not as of yet, what do you have in mind?" Only to find out that Monday I would be picked up with both girls and the carseat to ride about 45 minutes to Deb's house and we would gather the things for a picnic. Kevin, Deb, her son, me and my girls all piled in to 2 SUV's and headed from San Antonio, Fl to Zephyrhills to a playground for lunch. We got there and found that there was a free spray park, so we all got soaked in the hot summer sun and had a blast doing it. Kevin left from the park and came home, the rest of us rode with Deb as she and her son were spending a couple nights with us since school is coming up so soon.

There were weeks this summer where Kenzie stayed at Yaya's house and I hardly knew what to do with the house being so quiet.

As not only this post winds down, but so does summer, I wanted to share something special:

WE GOT OUR VAN BACK THIS PAST TUESDAY!!!! Yeah, this was the highlight of the summer. I am so happy that I have the option of just jumping in the car and going when I want to again. It was hard not having the van, but we made it. It is just another test for us and we came through. You know, no one ever said life was going to be easy, but I can promise you one thing: every trial is a test to see if you can manage to glorify Jesus through it. Keep your eye on the prize and you will prevail!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.