Skip to main content

What in the world was that person thinking?

First, I want to say that I am so very happy to be back to blogging on a regular basis! It was quite a not so fun time of my life when I stopped blogging. I feel like by blogging, I can get a few things out of my mind that otherwise would just sit there.

So, anyway, most of you know by now that we got a new to us car in February. I love my little camry and I love it so much that I do not love the rear bumper right now! Ryan stopped in at publix on the way home and picked up a gallon of milk. Well, when he came out, he noticed that someone had rear ended our car AND JUST LEFT! So, now we get to replace the bumper to our car. It is still drivable, but it's just the point that when they nudged it, they didn't stop. They kept going and the dent in the bumper tells us that. Not to mention we have what looks like copper color paint and something black from their vehicle as well. So my question is this, what has this world come to that you have to hit someone elses car backing out and not stop. I don't expect you to tell me that you hit my car, but I do expect that you know how to drive otherwise you wouldn't be on the roads!

At any rate, I was ticked off last night but it's like this, Anger gets me no where. There's nothing I can do about it but plan on replacing the bumper as soon as possible. It just looks bad. I would like to get the car repainted anyway because the white paint shows EVERYTHING, but I don't know what the cost of doing that would be, so I'll be checking into it.

And so, here's the new part of my blog, I am going to try and share two things with you from now on. First a scripture to help with any feeling I may have had over whatever I am blogging about. Second a music video that will likely help me get through that situation, so, here's today's:

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. James 1: 19-21

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. He will not always accuse, nor will he harbor his anger forever; he does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities. Psalm 103: 8-10

And for song, I love this song, and we should all praise HIM in the storms of our life, so that is why I chose it for my song today. Yesterday's incident with my car was just a storm in my life and I should be greatful that no one was hurt.

(for some reason I can't figure out the embedding here today, but you can click on the link above and see the song lyrics as you listen to the song and when I do figure out the embedding I will put the video below)

The song is by Casting Crowns and is a great message!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.