Skip to main content

Hendersonville/Asheville Weekend

We took a much needed weekend to the Hendersonville/Asheville area last week. It was a great time to just disconnect from the mundane day to day life here in Ocala. It was also our opportunity to drop the girls off for a week with their grandparents. Due to how quick the weekend was, I took a few extra days off of blogging. I am back and going to get some fun things going for you!

Thursday-- We drove from our house to theirs. We only made 3 stops. 1 for gas. 1 for food. 1 for bathrooms. We made great time. After we pulled in, our friends Jason and Terri stopped by for a quick visit. This meant so much to us because it was late, and we do not get to see them very often.

Friday-- Ryan and I took off pretty early to go and look at a neighborhood we are looking at for our move. The girls went with Yaiyai and Pappy to go to a waterfall, but were close to running out of gas, so instead turned around and went back to get gas. We met back at the condo before heading into town. We all went to look at homes at Clayton  Homes. This gave us a great idea for what we want to do. We now have 2 choices and we believe that we have come up with a great plan. Then it was time to head downtown. Ryan and his dad went to a brewery while all 4 of us girls had Sweet Frog. The girls absolutely love this. After that, we went to watch some music. Soon after, we headed back to the condo.

Saturday -- Yaiyai, Kenzie, Maddie, and myself went to Pearson's waterfall and shopping while the guys were golfing. We had a great hike to one beautiful waterfall.

After our hike, it was time to go and grab lunch. We went to Hot Dog World. It's one of those places that we have to go on every visit. Then it was off to Old Navy, Ross, and Marshalls. We didn't find what we were looking for, but I got a dress. After shopping, we headed back to the condo to make dinner. It was lasagne night. The girls really look forward to Yaiyai making lasagne. While they were cooking, Kenzie, Ryan, and Pappy got ready to head to a Tom Petty Tribute.

Maddie, Yaiyai, and I stayed in the condo and watched tv then played dominoes.

Sunday-- This was the day I was least looking forward to. I had to go home and back to the mundane. I love working where I do, but my heart yearns for North Carolina. I was also leaving both of my girls in Hendersonville for a week. Yes, I knew they would be home soon, but I had never left them in another state with anyone. Maddie had only spent one night away from me in recent years. Kenzie, I wasn't worried about, but her little sister had a nasty bout with anxiety issues a few years back. So Ryan and I started to pack up. We left around 1 or so. We grabbed lunch before hitting the road. The drive wasn't too bad until we hit the backroads here in Florida. About 40 minutes from home, we hit a bird, we believe was a hawk. Needless to say, it scared the crap out of us and we had feathers and guts all over our car. Not how we wanted to end the trip. We got home and realized how quiet the house was.

While it was a great weekend, we can't wait to see our little peanuts again on Saturday. I'll see ya later. It's time to get to work!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.