Skip to main content

Performing what mom???

Since Miss Mack is headed to high school, and is 15-years-old, I've been trying to figure out how to approach her about post-secondary education. She's been very rooted in the "I don't want to go to college" thing. This has been a grumbling point for the two of us because I know how hard it was for me to go back to college after 15  years being out of high school. I only want what is best for my kiddos, so figuring this out early is a huge thing for me.

Mack has been in choir since 4th grade. She has loved being able to have that release. Additionally, when we lived in North Carolina, she was asked to be in the high school rendition of Peter Pan. She was a lost boy. We were so used to going into the auditorium for practices and lately, I've been missing that whole lifestyle. She loves singing, and she's known she's wanted to be in music, but she was allowing mainstream media to really impact her decisions. It wasn't until she realized that Mamma Mia was a broadway show before it was a movie that she realized what she really wants to do.

After a quick history lesson from her momma, she revealed "I want to do things like Mamma Mia". Well, with that information, I had a quick talk with her. We discussed her time on stage with Peter Pan. She said she loved it, just not to say her stage cue (Uggawugga meatball). She wants us to look into how she can start to get involved now and not later. So, knowing me, I went right to work.

I contacted our cousing Genevieve and found out that we just need to look around through the local smaller theaters for volunteer opportunities and go from there. So, with that, I found a local theater and I have an email out to them. I don't anticipate an answer today, but I look forward to finding out what we can do. Not only can she go and be part of the education and audition for different roles, but I can go and be part of props and dressing and what not.

Being involved in Peter Pan really brought me back to when my high school concert choir put on Les Miserables. It was one of the funnest things I've ever done. While I didn't try out for a lead because of stage freight, I truly enjoyed being a supporting role, much like Mack when she was a Lost Boy. I really think that this opportunity will be great for her and if she does it and doesn't like it, we will just re-evaluate and then figure out something else that she will love to do since she will be doing it for many many  years.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.