Skip to main content

Last night of freedom....

Okay, so the title sounds a bit bleak, but last night was our last night before our girls come home from a week with the grands. Yesterday, knowing that we had tickets to a movie, I decided to go in to work a little early so that I could get off of work a bit early. This was a great idea! After a long day at work with issues creeping up, it would happen the one day that we needed to be somewhere, I finally got off and out the door we went.

Since I had chosen the movie, Ry got to choose the dinner. We ended up at Hooters, no surprise there. He loves their buffalo chicken sandwich. I opted for a cheese steak sandwich. While at dinner, something with work came up, so I needed to step outside to make a few calls. This is what I love about my job. I can take care of some things no matter where I am. By the time I was finished with the calls for work, Ryan was finishing up.

Next stop: Burlington. Nothing they had really wowed me. We just walked around for a while. Then we went to the theater early. We were so early that we had to wait outside of the auditorium for a while. We got to talking with some of the couples around us, and to be honest, I was shocked that there weren't more people going to the showing since it was 7:20.

We saw Mama Mia! Here we go again! It was a little hard to get into the storyline if you hadn't watched the first movie, but it really was a great movie. There was one question that was never answered. I came home wondering "How did Donna die?". Watching the trailers, there was this feeling that Donna wasn't going to be in the movie, and for the most part that was true, but just like many others, I wonder what happened to her. That is the only spoiler I will leave since you need to see the movie for yourself.

So, this morning I have chores on the mind and getting ready for the arrival of my little princesses who aren't so little anymore. Tomorrow, we will put up a blog with all of their adventures while they were in North Carolina without us.

Loads of love,
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.