Skip to main content

The Completely Horrible Totally Bad Day

Amusing title? No! Completely honest title. Yesterday here we had a very bad day. Kenzie woke up very whiney. She cried over the simplest things. I needed to go to the store and Ryan wasn't home, so I had to wait. She threw a fit because he didn't come home right then so that we could go to the store. Maddie was playing with one of her toys. She threw a fit about that. Then when Ryan did finally get home, I had a horrible headache, so I told him what I needed and sent him with Kenzie to the store, what does he do? Buy her a reward. It toatlly baffled me. She had been such a hard case all day and had been told that she wouldn't be allowed to have anything when we went to the store, what does he do? The exact opposite. I was really upset by this. I know that it sounds trivial, but when I tell her one thing and he goes behind my back and does the opposite, it really demeans me and makes me feel like what I say doesn't matter. Kenzie has to have boundries and he doesn't agree with that statement at all. I almost feel like he thinks it is ok for her to totally run over us. Needless to say, I had a very bad day. I am hoping that today will be much better.


Hello Everyone, Maddie here, I am 11 months old. I know how to stand by myself now. I am still a little scared to walk by myself. I hold on to Mommy's fingers and walk up and down the hallway with her. I took my first step last week. I think I scared myself. I haven't tried that since. I love to play with my big sissy. She is so fun. I love to jump in my crib. I can feed myself crackers but my favorite is small pieces of cereal bars. They are so yummy. I have 6 teeth now. Four on the top and two on the bottom. Mommy says that she can feel more ready to come out any day now. I love napping with my lion. He sings songs to be before I go to bed. I love you all!

This is the new Spidey cake. I really liked it better than the first one because the green kind of made spidey jump out at you. I had originally decided after doing the first one that I wouldn't be doing this particular cake again, but I think that with this one comming out as good as it did, I will continue doing this particular pan if someone wants one. I have a wedding cake commin up, so I will just have to see how it comes out.

Lots of Love to Everyone!

The Cox Family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.