Skip to main content

The ride

We had a good day I suppose.

Kenzie didn't have school today because she is off on Fridays. She will not have school on Monday, and I suppose that I will be out of my mind by the time that Ryan gets home from work. I have really gotten used to having quiet time while she is in school especially on Monday's after having worked all weekend. She decided earlier today that she needed to go for a walk around the block. She got her shoes on and brought me mine. I asked her where we were going and she replied, walk around block mommy. I put my shoes on and asked her what was next, she told me to get a cup of water for her and one for Maddie. Then she went on to tell me to get Maddie from her crib and put her in the stroller. And we walked two laps around the block. I thought for sure she would want to ride in the stroller about half way around the first time, nope. She did great and listened to me and got to the side of the road everytime a car came by. She was such an angel. A few hours later, she wanted to go for two more laps. This was great! It was such a beautiful day for a walk and both of the girls loved it.


Maddie figured out that apple juice is really good. She also figured out that very small cut up pieces of meat are great to eat too. I have been reluctant to give it to her up until now because I thought that the baby food was enough, but I gave it a try and she loved it. I guess it is the new texture that she likes. I took the spill proof thing out of her sippy so that she could figure out that like a bottle the cup is to drink out of. She loved it once she figured it out. She also grabbed sissy's cup which had juicy juice berry flavor in it later on and she stood there not hanging on drinking out of sissy's cup. I thought oh dear. She will walk anytime. She is getting braver and braver. She keeps wanting to walk, but is afraid to take that first step to get herself going unless she is holding on to me. Well, it will come soon enough.

Ryan worked this morning and then Max picked him up and they went to a scrimmage game in Louisville. It sounds like they were having fun. He just called me to say that they would be heading home soon. I guess that means that the game is almost over.

I have been busy making roses. I finally got the details on the wedding cake for next month. She wants the one I did for the last class. The tiered one. She also wants the roses to be peach. I decided I better start making the roses sooner rather than later as they take a while to dry and you have to do them in stages. I have three different shades of peach to do these flowers in and so, I needed to get as many done now as I could. I got all of the light peach ones started. I will do the medium ones next week and the dark peach ones the week after that. This is a big cake for me as it is my first wedding one. I am pretty excited about it. I do hope it comes out good. I am so critical about the wedding ones. I will keep you posted and post a pic as soon as I get it done.

God bless!
Love,
The Cox Family

Comments

  1. You bring back such sweet memories of Lucky when she was those ages. Thank you Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grandma tigger said this was like reading a story book shes here with me has helped me do yard work yesterday tell kinzie and mattie she loves them guess u and ryan to
    see ya brigie and grandma tigger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brigie, we love grandma too. Oh and you, but I am still unsure about Calvin! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.