Skip to main content

Mrs. Cox the Mechanic

Good evening all! Yes you read that right. I had to help fix my car tonight. It has been doing this sputtering thing for a few weeks now. My brother was supposed to come and fix it for me, but he was a no call no show. Anyway, Ryan and our neighbor Kent decided they could do it since it was only a fuel filter. The guys couldn't figure out how to turn off the emergency fuel intake. So I came to the rescue. After a few minutes, I had it done. We started the car and let it run out of gas so to speak. We had to let what was in the lines run out so that they could change the filter. Kent got that done in a few minutes and as we drained what was left in the old one, we could see nothing but black! Yuck! We really needed it to be changed. After running the car for a while after I enabled the fuel intake again, it was still sputtering, so I called Pop. He said, go out to your car and open the gas cap. After I did that, there was no more sputtering. This wasn't the end of the mechanic though. We went to Walmart and I got a few things including a new digital camera battery charger and batteries. I am charging the batteries now so, we should be back in picture business. Anyway, Ryan got some wiper blades to change, again I came to his rescue. He couldn't figure out how to change them. I guess you could now call me the certified nursing assitant, cake decorator, wife, mommy, and mechanic!

Kenzie got a little camera of her own today. I will be teaching her how to use it and I will hope to have some of the pics she takes put on the net soon. It will be a little wait for that tho as it is a 35 mm camera, so she has to use the film before I can get it developed for her.

Maddie just about took her first steps today. She was standing and tried to step but got scared so sat down and crawled to daddy instead! Bummer! Only a few more days til she will be walking tho I think.

I guess that does it for the update. I will upload a pic of the new cake that I do in class tomorrow. I will also upload the cakes I have done so far soon. Hope you all have a great day!

Comments

  1. Men are overated....Heh! Woman rule the tools!

    Awww, I wanna see all Miss Kenzie's Pics!

    Go Maddie, I know you can do it!

    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.