Skip to main content

Eventful Day

Well, after I posted the bible study this morning, I had a somewhat eventful day. It started by my Mom comming to watch the kids so I could go to Kenzie's school. I arrived at Spring Hill Elementary for this meeting so that I could get Kenzie all set up for a complete evaluation since her speech seems a little behind and we want to know exactly where her learning is right now so that we can help her best that way. After I got there we had to wait for Sharon, she is the one who does the paperwork for this evaluation. She was running late, she arrived and we went over everything. She told me that it might be September before she can actually get Kenzie's eval complete. The reason is coz we are comming up on Summer Break. If not for that we would get the evaluation completed a lot sooner. Anyway, I stayed and chatted with Amanda (her teacher) for a few minutes then I was off to the homefront so that Mom could return home because she needed to put in a few more hours work. She works from home now. I had developed a headache in the last few hours, so I put Maddie down for a nap and Kenzie and I did the same, when I woke up two and a half hours later my headache had gone away. I decorated another Spiderman cake. Which I feel like came out better than the first one. As I was cleaning up, Ryan noticed the Fire Truck came blaring into the neighborhood and stopped two houses down, I ran next door and got Kent, we went to check on Mike together as Ryan brought both of the girls out, he stopped and checked on Ann across the street and as the firetruck went to find the fire, I went across the street and down one house to check on Devra. When we made sure everyone was ok, we returned to our home, I came thankful that everyone was so nice in our neighborhood. I mean, how many times would someone check on you in some neighborhoods, Me, Ryan, Kent, Robin, Mike, Ann and Devra, we all came running out so that we could check on each other! That is great! Anyway, I am off to bed so that I can work this weekend. Have a great one!
The Cox Family

Comments

  1. Glad to hear all was safe during the fire truck incedent. I am pleased Kenzie is getting all the help she needs to advance. Those programs really work miricles in chidren. A little push goes a long way! I am worried your heads may be your blood pressure. Have you been seen by a Doc lately?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.