Skip to main content

Busy Day!!

Today has been a very busy day. Kenzie and I decided to finish doing the play room (which will have to be painted later on). I have pics, and I will be putting them in here when I upload to the computer next. I want to have a bunch on the camera before I upload since I find it useless to waste my time for three pics. I will put them in here at a later date. Hope you understand. I also found out what she wants "Santa" to bring her for Christmas. She is asking for a desk and chalkboard. I think that I will be able to accomodate that for her. I will do anything that she wants if it is soemthing she can use as a learning tool. She also told me that Maddie wants "Santa" to bring her a bookshelf for all of their books since they don't have one at the present time. In addition to all of that, we decided that she wants me to turn the area where the stove used to be downstairs into a stage. I am thinking about that one. It is big enough for the two girls, but I don't know if I want to do that. I was able to find out some very interesting information about an accelerated equity program through our mortgage company. I think I like that idea. Ryan and I are discussing it now. I like the idea of paying bi weekly and saving tons of money from interest that we wouldn't pay. We would pay off our loan in like 22 years verses 30. We will pray about it and then see where God leads us. Angel has done very well today. She knows now that she can't do certain things, and she is doing much better. Ryan worked and came home then grilled out, and watched wresteling. He also donated blood yesterday. I wasn't really aware of this until I found the t shirt they gave him for donating. I also did some laundry, and unpacked the boxes that were stored under the staircase. Yes I have a "cupboard" under the stairs like in the Harry Potter books, but no, no one sleeps there! LOL! I did some bible studying. I did a over the phone session with Sis. She needed God at the instant I was on the phone with her, so we did our thing while I was on the phone. I read a blog on one of my friend's myspace pages which led to me sending Aaron a message to debate the subject. I will keep you updated on this. Lemme tell you Aaron and I have been friends off and on for years. When I moved from St. Pete to Clearwater, I lost contact with him and only just gained that line of friendship back via God telling me to look on myspace for him. I found him almost instantly. Since then, I have been reading his blogs. He is quite the christian. He does a column then puts it in his blog. I really do enjoy a good debate with him. I have to work tomorrow and sunday. I will keep everyone updated as to next week as it happens since Roy and Carol are comming over from Florida for a visit. I can't wait. I love it when they are in town. It is so nice to see them. I love for the girls to get to see them since they are so far away from us. I just wish there was a way that they could see Derrick, Amanda, Riley and Shelby more often. And I guess that does it for me. Pictures will come later, I am getting tired.
Love,
Dawnie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.