Skip to main content

Speaking

Although I had a rough morning, I think that God was speaking to me. He told me that I needed to look at a bible study that I had done before about temptation. After doing this study with my sister, I can feel that God is teaching me a lesson about how Satan tempts us. I am so feeling better now.... I did talk to my mom tonight also, that has helped. I have talked her into helping me with making some decisions on some of the stuff I want to do with the house. She will also be letting me get the stuff that she was going to be using to remodel one of the bathrooms in this house so that I can do that soon. I can't wait to have some progress done on this place. I guess that I am making a list that will serve as my goals. As I get them done, I will mark them off and I will do before and after pics for everyone. I also will be changing the color of the shingles on the roof from black to brown. They are all the same price only the brown add curbside appeal. That helps with the sale of the house. So in the future when I want to sell, it will be nicer looking to have that done. I am also hoping to make the garage one of the first things that get remodeled. It won't take but a couple of days to fix what is wrong in there. Basically all I need is a little more drywall and some primer and paint. It will be nice to have that done. I don't think it will take much to fix the things that I want to do, but the end result will be nice. And then so will the sale of the house. I want to treat this like a flip but take longer to flip it than most people would. I want to flip it within 5 years, most want to flip in 12 weeks. I think this way, I could make more profit. I mean look, the sewers will be commin in and no one will want to buy right before they come to the neighborhood, but after, property value will go up, so increases my profit.
The girls have been kids today. Kenzie wanted to play with Maddie, but Maddie didn't want to play, so she bit her sister! Kenzie cried, I looked at it and within seconds, she had bruised and I could see where Maddie had penetrated her sister's skin. Not a good thing. Other than that not much going on here. Ryan and I are looking forward to working on the house some, so that is about it.
Love,
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.