Skip to main content

God is AWESOME!

As most of you know, I don't usually blog on Saturday nights, but I felt compelled to do this tonight because God is AWESOME!!! At work today, He was speaking to me. He was telling me that one of my patients needed to know that God was working miracles as we speak! After a lengthy conversation with her, I had come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter if I make it to church because I take church with me wherever I go. The bible says to be Missionaries for God, that is exactly what I am doing and well, I didn't realize it until tonight, but I think that God has called me to be a missionary in the Nursing Home to these people who can't go to church. If you don't agree with this, tell me where in the bible it says that you have to go to church and be judged over what you wear in order to be saved. If it is there, I need someone to point it out. I know that in the bible it says to be saved to accept Jesus into your heart as your savior and then to minister to others the love of God! I am trying to do just that. When I had finished my conversation with the lady at work, I kid you not, it really made Satan mad! I instantly had two sores on the tip of my tongue. It was like he got mad at me for teaming up with a fellow christian and discussing THE WORD! It was amazing at what little I did and the reaction that Satan gave to just discussing him. There is also a poem I learned today, I will be putting it on here this week. If any of you have any daily devotions that you wouldn't mind sharing, please let me know. If you have any bible verses that you would like to share, I am open to that too. Thank you for listening to me in this matter as I know that GOD HAS GREAT PLANS FOR MY FAMILY and I am just waiting until He says the TIME is RIGHT. For it is in HIS time that the plan will be revealed.
Love,
Dawn

Comments

  1. Hebrews 10:24&25 says:

    And let us consider on another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. NKJV

    ~~~
    Yes, you can be a christian and not go to church, but why would you want to go through life alone without men and women who believe the same thing you believe and to be there to support you in times of heartache and pain.

    I represent one tiny speck in the body of Christ. He has a job for me just as He has a job for you. But I alone don't make up the body of Christ. The church makes up the body of Christ. And it is important to be with your fellow Christians to learn about God, love God, and worship God.

    What you do at the nursing home is important, but church is also very important. It is vital to have relationships with other christians and be in an atmosphere where you learn about Christ on a weekly basis. Devotional are great but there is something amazing when the Holy Spirit is moving in a crowd of people.

    The church isn't there to judge you, no matter what you wear. God is the judge not people. I would rather a person come to church in a bathing suit and be saved than to never know the Lord at all.

    If you want more verses there are many, I've only given you the tip of the iceberg. If you need to talk don't hesitate to e-mail me.

    Just know, church is extremely important for any Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...

    If there is someone that can't go to church like the men and women in your Nursing Home, it is important for you to take the church to them like you said you were doing.

    I love that you are being there for them. We crave fellowship with fellow believers and you are doing an awesome job at filling that need. K

    eep up the hard work and don't let Satan bring you down. Those people need you to minister to them especially now more than ever. Let them see Christ in you.

    But don't forget, you need to have someone minister to you. That is what church is for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.