Skip to main content

Lay up for yourselves treasures IN HEAVEN

Last night, Brian talked on a passage that I had stumbled across on Saturday, so I take it God wanted to teach me a lesson. I decided to share this lesson with you. I am glad that God allowed me to read it prior to going to church, so I feel that I got even more out of it than I did when I read it myself. I feel like somtimes I just need someone, Brian in this case, actually breaking it down and discussing it with me as we are reading it.

Matthew 6: 19-34

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
22"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. 23But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!
24"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Do Not Worry 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Here are my notes from Brian's discussion.

*Keep your eye on the "ball" in your christian life.
*Save treasures in heaven, not earthly posessions. We can't take the earthly things with us when we go to Heaven anyway.
*Money allows us to enjoy earthly life.
*Laying up treasures in heaven or saving spiritually will allow us to enjoy heave much more when we get there.
*When our focus is on heaven, it brings us peace. No one can touch our treasures in heaven where here on earth, our earthly posessions can get stolen at the blink of an eye.
*Where your treasure is there your heart is also.
*Have STOCK in the KINGDOM of GOD. Having stock here on earth, we don't know if we will make money or not, putting your stock in the kingdom of heaven, you will always know that it will be there when you are taken by HIS hand.

Four main points:
1. Have a batters eye. Concentrate on the ball as it is comming at you.
*eternal eye is what we want.
2. Focus on being good and generous to people not greedy.
3. Who are you going to serve God or Money?
4. What is your focus of worry? Is it money or is it what can I do to help this person. Can I do anything for her/him?

When we stress about material things, we are being goofy.
DON'T WORRY! about what you can't control and GOD will take care of us.

In a nutshell that is what was talked about and I hope you can all understand my secondhand here. I tried to write everything down.

Now, this is the first time I have actually gotten to hear the message when Brian talks. Usually I have to go and be with Maddie in the nursery, but this time Maddie stayed in there pretty good and when she did have to be taken out, Ryan went for her. So this allowed me time to really hear the message. Thank you Ryan for that! Thank you Brian for being God's mouth in this message! You don't know how much I enjoyed hearing you. I will be looking for ways to join you at CIC more, it may take some time since I have to have a crazy work schedule so that my children don't have to go to daycare (we wouldn't be able to afford it any way). Thank you God for the message you gave through Brian. It couldn't have come at a better time! Your time!
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.