Skip to main content

Designer Jeans by Mommy (and Kenzie)

So, I bought Kenzie some jeans while they were on sale a few weeks ago. She has only worn them a couple of times when she fell and tore a hole in the knee, so this is what we did to fix them...

The butterfly in the above picture is where the hole was.... Kenzie simply wanted the flowers on the leg. I thought it was a cute addition. The butterflies on the bottom add consistency to the back of the pant. So, we love this!The flowers under the top pockets on the front carry the theme of flowers upward.

On the other leg at the bottom Kenzie wanted another butterfly, so we put it there. The Jeans look really good considering they need to be washed and ironed, but they are so cute now! Love them.

Kenzie was so proud of them and Maddie wanted some done, so I took a pair of her plain Jeans and did basically the same thing with them except I didn't have many flowers left, so she has the flowers under the pockets, one butterfly on the bottom and roses on the back pockets. I think I will use the ones I made for Maddie for part of her "Hippie" halloween costume. I am making her costume and depending on what Kenzie decides to be, I may make Kenzie's as well. You will have to wait for the pic of Maddie's Jeans for the outfit to be complete!

Ryan went and got my tires today... Thank God, although they were quite expensive...

and that was today.

dawn, ryan, and the girls

Comments

  1. wOW, pAGE CHANGED AGAIN. lOOKS GOOD.

    lOVE THE PANTS!


    pEACE OUT sISTA!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.