Skip to main content

Changes being made....

Hi everyone. Hope things are going well for all of you. I know that things have been kind of rocky for me and Ryan here. We have had some developments (that I care not go into detail about). Those developments prompted me to make some changes. I have already made many of you aware of those changes. I will continue changing things over the next few weeks, so be prepared to know about those. I will be making my blog private, so if you want to continue being able to see what is going on with the girls, please e mail me at flutterbye0419@yahoo.com (this is my junk e mail and I don't check it very much, so please be patient). In order to go private, I have to list the people who I want to be able to read my blog by e mail addresses, so you will have to provide me with the e mail address that you will be viewing my blog from. Thanks for understanding. Now on to other things.... We are making changes in the house. As you saw from yesterday, we painted the kitchen. When we finish the border in the kitchen, we will be buying the paint for Kenzie's bathroom. It will be like a turquoise color. I also need to do the floor in Kenzie's bathroom. So, that project will take some time, since I am doing the floor, I am going to go ahead and do a complete remodel on that bathroom since afterall, my mom has a vanity set for me that she was going to use for this house, she said I could have it, so really all I have to do is to paint, restain the cabinet in there, and do the flooring. I think we can do all of this pretty easily, but who knows. We will definately keep you all updated. Now that we got the drip in the basement fixed, we will be calling in that claim for the stove. I am missing being able to bake cakes. It sucks. I want to get back to it as soon as possible. Although, the last cake that I did, the person ordered it, said they would be here to get it, then never showed up to get it and didn't pay after I did all that work! I was very upset. It really wasn't a nice thing to do at all! But life goes on. Now on to the kids.... Kenzie just got on the bus about 10 minutes ago. She loves getting up for school. She told me as she was getting dressed today "Mommy, Thank you for waking me for school!" I was so happy to hear that. Maddie is trying to weasel her way out of one of her naps. She usually takes one in the morning and one in the afternoon, but here lately, she has only wanted one about midday. I really miss her napping in the morning, but it is ok. I survive. I used that time to get a little more work done here in the house, but I will have to find a way to do it when she is up. I will work it out soon enough. Ryan is doing fine. He and I are making plans for finishing this house so that when our two years is up, we can sell and then buy something a little better for our budget, and then we can make that our home for good! I love this house, but I want to be able to get the early inheritance out of it that Mom gave me! I thank her for that! She was great to do that for us. I don't hear much from any of the boys. I mean, they all had my contact info until one of them had to ruin it for everyone, so I changed all of our phone numbers to unlisted, and none of them get the numbers, mainly because I know that they will tell one another, and I don't want any trouble from any of them. Other than that not much. I have one more pic of Maddie, but my memory card wasn't in my camera when I took it, so I have to find the usb cord so I can transfer it to the computer. When I do I will upload it for everyone! Have a great day!
Love,
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.