Skip to main content

Today...

Well, we all got off to a not so good start. Ryan got off to work ok, but then, Kenzie and I fell back asleep and I didn't hear the alarm go off. She missed the school bus. So she stayed home with me. It was ok because we didn't know what time Roy and Carol would be here and well, she hasn't been feeling real good anyway. Batteling with her allergies just like I am. She got some well needed sleep and if I hadn't woke her up at like 8:30, she would have slept even longer, but I wanted her to be sure she went to bed on time tonight. I called in a claim to my home warranty company yesterday, so they came out and fixed the leak in the basement today. Thank you Mom for getting me the warranty. I was going to pay for it, but she decided that that would be her housewarming present to us. I really appreciate it. I am finding that yes, AMANDA, you were right. It is well worth it! I will continue buying them annually. I really like the plan I have! Right as the plumber was here fixing the leak, I faintly hear a doorbell, and Pop was here to pick up the bikes that Dustin left behind and the two wood burning stoves that we weren't allowed to use due to home owners insurance purposes. So, I had to put Maddie in her crib to help him. Let me tell you, that was a job! One of them was a cast iron one! It must have weighed 500 pounds. In the mean time, Kenzie was playing on her swingset to stay out of our way because she saw we were having a little difficulty, when out of no where, I hear a scream, Kenzie had fallen and scuffed up her knee again! So we took a break to fix the boo boo. Then back to putting stoves on the trailer for Pop to get back to work. I also was able to talk to him about the roof. He said as soon as we have the funds together for it, that he will come and quote us and then he will cut me a deal on it! Thank you Pop! We are now pondering the thought of starting the kitchen. I was thinking about painting it before Carol and Roy get here, but I am unsure now. I will make my decision very soon! Now I am off to work on tidying up Kenzie's room. I will chat when I can!
Love,
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.