Skip to main content

my weekend...

This weekend was interesting... I took the car both days which is a rarity... I usually dont' take it on Sunday's because I don't like to drive on less than 5 hours sleep. But this weekend, I felt surprizingly able to do it. I didn't have any trouble out of it. My troubles were at work and it was not fun... I was doing ok until 3 pm yesterday when they pulled on of our cna's to another unit, then it all went downhill from there to the extent that we didn't think we would get our 1/2 hour lunch breaks... when I finally was able to take one, I decided it wouldn't me for nourishment in the form of food, but nourishment in the form of a talk with God. I basically had a moment to revamp with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT. Then was able to go back to the floor feeling like a different person. I could have gone to the chapel for this time, but I went instead to the break room not even remembering about the chapel. I only had one thing on my mind and that was time with God. I will in the future go to the chapel though. I like the idea of having a chapel at work where I can do those kinds of things. when I got back to the unit, I was able to feel like I was ok until Toya went on break and instantly, the fire alarm went off! I was the only aide on the floor and the nurses don't really like to help secure the facility for the fire emergencies... well at least the ones that I was working with that night... we were able to secure it quickly and then the people started going crazy wanting to know what was going on, but I couldn't tell them because i didn't know what the problem was until the fire department got there... and found a malfunctioning smoke detector. I was able to finish the night and got home in record time. I just wanted to come home and sleep off the day. So today, Kenzie didnt' have school and she was upset about that, but we got through it didn't we. I will be finding out from the home warranty company some info about two claims I am about to put in with them. It will cost me a chunk, but I would rather pay it than pay a lot more to fix the problems. I guess that is all for now. Talk more later!
Dawnie

Comments

  1. wow sounds like you had a busy weekend!! lol. How was your labor day? Good i hope :D Glad to hear that you are feeling better :D Thats great! Well i hope you have a good week :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.