Skip to main content

Crazy Weekend at work...

Let me see, where to begin??? How about Saturday... When I got to work, Polly (the weekend supervisor) asked me if I would mind going to work in the brain injury unit instead of the one I was scheduled for. I went because I knew that I didn't like the unit I was scheduled for for first shift. When I got to Pathways, the nurses said, "You will be behavior tech on Life Skills today." I though, Oh My Gosh! I had never done that, but it was not an 8hr shift. Instead it was a 12 hour shift, locked on a unit with people who are known to have behavior problems. On a normal basis, they will only put someone they have formally trained to be a bt over there. Not saturday. At about 2pm, Polly came over and said that Kim had called off for Sunday too, and would I do the first 8 hours of my day on that unit again for Sunday. I said I would do that, then on Sunday, she conned me into staying over there for the next four hours also. Let me tell you by the time I got home on Sunday night, I thought I needed to be admitted into a psych ward. Those people without understanding what they had done, had driven me completely nuts! I couldn't believe how easy it was for them to do. Maddie had a good weekend. Ryan said she just walked around the house yelling my name! She missed Mommy! Kenzie was a good girl he said. They did a great job staying home with Daddy. This is the first weekend they both have been ok and knew that Mommy would come home after she got off of work. Today, Kenzie got up and got ready for school no problems. She got on the bus and off to school she went. When she got home, she said, "Mommy, I didn't sit in the thinking chair and Mrs. Brittany is happy!" I took this to mean that she didn't have a bad day today like she did on Thursday. At about 4pm, I was working on a few things, and saw my e mail notification thing pop up, so I checked to see what I had. It was from Brittany, she said "Kenzie had an excellent day today." I was so relieved. I guess that does it for now. Hope to have more good news as the week goes on.
Love,
Dawnie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.