Skip to main content

Lots to blog

Well, a lot has been going on here in my world. The world of the children that is!

-Speech Therapy-- I have recieved several e mail's from Mrs. Brittany today about Kenzie and her speech therapy. Basically, I am not sure what I can do to help getting Kenzie to produce the sounds that they are working on. I try, but I just don't know what to do there. I am not a speech therapist, so I don't know the techniques. I feel like the speech therapist doesn't really want me working on it at home because she said to the teacher "we have to master it at school before it can be worked on at home" that really made me feel un needed. But I know that Kenzie is my daughter and she needs me in everything she does. I really am upset about the way she is taking approach with it. She (therapist) also says that she has a hard time getting Kenzie to follow directions. I don't have much trouble out of her anymore. She used to defy everything I told her, now she doesn't. I don't know what I can tell her to do to get the obedience out of her.

-School Bus-- Kenzie hasn't been enjoying the bus as much anymore. The got a new aide on the bus and Kenzie doesn't like him. She cries everyday when I put her on the bus now and wants me to go on the bus, put her in her seat and buckle her seatbelt, but the bus driver assures me that she calms right down and plays hide and seek behind the seat with him. I am confused as to if it is the new aide or just not wanting to leave me. She will get through it! I am sure.

-Maddie-- Yesterday, Maddie cried and cried and cried. I didn't think the crying would end, but just as I was thinking this, Daddy came home bearing another jug of milk. He gave her a cup of it, and we had QUIET! I thought maybe it was her teeth, but it would appear that she was upset because I had ran out of milk and I was not about to walk to the store to get more. I refuse to walk down 403 with both kids! Now today, she has been having a great day! Go figure.

-Operation Toy Room-- We decided to steal an idea from Derrick and Amanda. We have now moved the toy room from the den to ROY AND CAROL'S room. It has a door on it and if we want, we can close the toys in! LOL! The girls love it! It has so much more room for them to play. Now, Ryan wants to close in the den and put in a dart board and pool table! He has switched from the dining room to the den to be the bar area! How funny!

-Derby Dinner-- I almost forgot that tomorrow night is the Derby Dinner night with Mom. I was looking forward to going to church, so if I can't get to Derby Dinner, we will be at CIC, but if they have the extra ticket, I will go to Derby Dinner with Mom since Sunday was her Birthday and I don't see her that much!

Anyway, I think that does it for us.
Love,
Dawn

Comments

  1. you've been tagged...read my blog :)

    and btw--i will bring that recipe to church tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.