Skip to main content

Report Card Came Home Today

Kenzie's report card came home today. I am sure that all report cards went home today. I was pleased with it. I have had problems in the past with preschools not wanting to give me a sense of how she is doing at school, but since I enrolled her in the Preschool PALS Program, I have had no problem with this. Here is what she is doing now:

LITERACY/LANGUAGE FOUNDATIONS:
The following areas, skill was introduced:
Becomes farmiliar with rhymes/rhyming songs
Listens for beginning sounds
Categorizes and classifies
Follows directions
Watches and listens to a story
Describes pictures in a book
Tells a story from a book/picture
Retells a story
Matches and names basic colors
Matches letters
Recites the alphabet in sequence
Recognizes own written name
Identifies 10 or more alphabet letters by name

The following were not introduced to her yet
Identifies words/sounds as same or different
Identifies sequences of events

WRITING FOUNDATIONS
Introduced:
Holds pencil with fingers
Copies lines and shapes
Cuts lines and simple shapes
Colors within lines
Prints own name
Prints 5 or more recognizable leters
Prints 5 or more recognizable numbers
Adds writing to a picture/story
Dictates stories

Not yet introduced:
Draws a recognizable person

MATH FOUNDATIONS
Introduced:
Matches, names and describes shapes
Uses language associated with position, direction
Uses language associated with size
Sorts objects
Compares and contrasts objects
Counts by ones to ten or higher
Counts concrete objects to five or higher
Matches and recognizes numerals to 10
Matches a numeral to a set of one to five
Compares numbers of objects using language
Counts and builds sets of one to five objects

Not yet introduced:
Uses language associated with time
Identifies first, middle, last in a series
Reproduces simple patterns
Predicts what comes next in a pattern

PERSONAL/SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
Introduced:
Knows first and last name and address
Knows family members
Takes turns
Initiates play situations
Uses materials appropriately and puts them away
Asks for help when needed

Progress Being Made:
Shares and cooperates with others
Takes care of her own belongings
Follows classroom rules and routines
Respects rights and property of others

Now for her ANNUAL GOALS we made with the Psychoeducational Evaluation team.
She has made progress in the following areas:
Give only one object or request
Produces sounds K and G with a model
Demonstrates comprehension of spatial concepts
Complex sentences with embedded clauses
Identifies an object that doesn't belong in a category

No/Little progress made:
Initiate simple block patterns
Initiate making a + or a v
Draw a person with 2 recognizable parts
Lacing card corect
Respond to over/under
tall/long/short
more
Recite numbers to 3
Jump from an adult chair landing on both feet
Run up and kick a moving ball
Walk backward heel to toe for 8 steps
Increase length of utterance
Plurals
Posessive nouns
Produce /k/ /g/ without a model

Not Introduced yet:
Copy letters of a simple word
Skip on one foot
Skip on alternate feet
increase length of utterance with early pronouns
auxillary verbs(I think I couldn't really read the writing here)
Produce /k/ /g/ in phrases
Produce /k/ /g/ in sentences
in connected speech
comprehension of time concepts
comprehension of multiple adjectives

So, there we have it. This is what she is doing now. And that gives me a good starting point for what I can be doing with her. I am happy to know what I can do with her now because I was feeling kind of lost as to what I could do to help her in school. Now I know. And I am happy that there has already been some progress. I know it isn't major progress yet, but in time, she will be a step ahead! My baby girl is growing up so much and I am so proud of her for not being so far behind that they can't catch her up. In speaking with the speech therapist, she said that Kenzie is not very far behind at all and that most of her sounds are age appropriate, so, she said we will have her up to par in no time. I am thinking that when she says no time she means the end of this year or sometime next year. We will see! Anyway, I will post again when I can. Kenzie is on Fall Break now, so I may not be able to post right away or maybe I will just stay up later at night to do it! Anyway, talk to you all soon!
Love,
Dawn

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.