Skip to main content

My new best friend

Kenzie has been playing with one of the little boys in the neighborhood here daily. His name is Devon, and they love playing together. So, today, Kenzie decided she wanted to be able to ride bikes with Devon, and taught herself how to ride (with training wheels). She never would do that before, but now that she has a friend to play with, she is really interested, the funny thing is though that Kenzie picked out a bike for her birtday and we bought it. However, she wouldn't ride it... Last month when Roy and Carol brought the bike that used to be Riley's to her, she thought it was so cool that Aunt Amanda and Uncle Derrick had sent her a bike that she wanted the training wheels put on "Barbie Bike" so that she could ride it. She absolutely would not ride her Princess one, so we gave in and did it for her, here are some pics of her on the bike and playing with Devon.

"This one is for you Aunt Amanda! Thank you for my bike! I love it!" Kenzie is enjoying it so much! Thanks a billion Amanda and Deke.

I call this one "Just a swingin'" they had so much fun just hanging out on the swingset. Kenzie can't wait for tomorrow after school so she can play with Devon again. "Kenzie you know even though that is fun, it isn't the way you go down the slide right?" she was enjoying it so much I had to let her learn she could get hurt doing it. "Look, I can do it too!" so Devon had to show us he could do the slide the way Kenzie did too!

So much fun! Kenzie had actually fell down the slide in this one, but it was a great pic.
Hope you all enjoyed those pics! Later in the afternoon one of the other neighborhood kids got jealous of Kenzie playing with Devon and called him to his house and asked him to come in because "you don't want to play with her" so I had a conversation with his grandmother, hopefully that won't happen anymore. We shall see. In all the excitement, before I could get to her, Maddie took a fall and busted her lip on the pavement. She cried for a few seconds but is fine. She has a small red spot on her nose from where she ate the concrete, but all is fine there.
Love,
Dawn

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.