Skip to main content

F.A.M.I.L.Y

Fantastic
Adventurous
Mellow
Interesting
Lovable
Young

This is what family is. No matter what the age is, you are still YOUNG AT HEART! I have one of the most awesome families and I wanted to let everyone know it!

Mom- although you didn't give birth to me and we have had our battles, we are still some of the closest friends. I hope we can carry that for the rest of our lives!

Pop- I haven't known you for very long, but you mean the world to me. You have done things for us that a step dad normally wouldn't. You have taken on two of the worlds most precious little girls as your own grand daughters and they love you for it! They always ask me "When can I see Papa again?" Ok, so Maddie just hollars "PaPaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa".

Ryan- I couldn't even begin to describe everything I love about you. You are a wonderful dad. You are trying so hard with the girls and that I can love forever! You take time out to spend a few minutes with me even though you are worn out and have to get up at 4am to go to work. You are there when I need you and that is what means the most to me.

Kenzie- You are my little miracal baby. You will always be. You are such a smart little girl. Who knew the girl who has a speech/developmental delay at five years old would be able to navigate the internet? We have had to limit your time on the computer because you love playing on nick jr, playhouse disney, and pbs so much. You are an awesome big sister. You love to cuddle Maddie. You and Maddie have been sleeping together here lately while we are working on getting your beds set up. Which has proven to be quite difficult.

Maddie-you are my ANGEL sent from above. You made it even though the odds were against you in the beginning. We didn't know if you would make it or not. You are my PERFECT angel. You love to help mommy and daddy around the house. Just today I found you standing on a step stool with the iron (unplugged I might add for the adults reading this) just ironing away. It was so cute. I wish I had my camera, but it was in the van. You help me water the plants. You are such a wonderful addition to our small family.

Roy- What can I say? Don't wanna say too much... (I might be referred to as a "brown noser") LOL! You are a great role model. Times may be tough, but as a family we will all get through.

Carol- You have taught me so much in the last few years. Ryan would swear that you taught me how to shop, but I would have to disagree. I knew how to shop, just didn't have the passion for it before I met you! You are the best Mother in Law! I love you so much! Thank you for everything you do to make this family what it is now!

Grandma Tigger- Although some may think you are a crazy lady, I think that this family needs a crazy lady to keep us in check! We have missed playing cards with you over the last few years and can't wait to get back to it. We really enjoyed getting to spend last Christmas with you at Derrick and Amanda's house. Can't wait to see you again!

Derrick- I am sure that Ryan can go on about how awesome of a brother you are, but he is asleep, so I am left to do this on my own. You are an awesome UNCLE! The girls love you to death! Kenzie is always telling me about wanting to see Unk Deke! That is what she has been referring to you since Maddie started talking. Maddie see's the pic of you holding her in Ohio and then the one from last Christmas and just smiles. I think she has really grown to love you! I hope we will have many more good memories with you!

Amanda- You are such a generous person. You are a wonderful shopper! You always know what to get for the girls for presents. You are a very crafty person! I love that I have someone I can ask questions when needed.... Although sometimes, I find solutions before I get an e mail back (but such is life). I only hope that when my girls are your girls ages, that they will think I am as awesome of a mom as you are! You taught me to come out of my shell some what and even hooked me on some drinks (strawberry colada, margarita, ammaretto). I will never forget the italian shot followed by margarita chaser the one thanksgiving.

Riley- You, my dear, are such a special little girl (ok, so you are a big girl now). You have shown me that you can be anything you want! You are always a happy thought for me. When I am feeling down all I have to do is see those BIG, BEAUTIFUL BLUE EYES! and, I can smile and know that everything will work out because RILEY says so! (ok so you didn't say that, but I can pretend can't I?). You are a great role model for your sister and cousins. I can't wait for the four of you to get a little older and be able to hang out more! It will be interesting the kind of advice you give each other.

Shell Bell- you are your own person. You are so silly and smart. You and Kenzie are only 7 weeks apart, and I wouldn't change that for the world. Kenzie loves you so much. I know that you will be there when she needs you as you get older. She is always telling me that "Shelby is my BEST FRIEND" and I have to believe it. She remembers getting in trouble with you at Christmas time. I can't wait to see you again. You and Kenzie have grown up way tooooo fast! You shouldn't be 5 already!

Kevin- My big brother. You have done things your own way all of your life. You have taught me to never give up. Thanks for being my source of information when I need it.

Candy- one of my best friends. I love ya gal!

Joyce- you are my other momma! I will always call you when I need to! I am here for you if you need me. I miss seeing you already and it's only been one month.

Nick- the first born nephew. You are such a big little man now. I know that we fight sometimes because you are bullheaded, but just know that I love you little boy!

Anthony-- or should I say "Kevin Jr." you are so much like your daddy. Don't let it get you in trouble.

Sis- we have had our issues, but we are adults and we got over it. thanks for being my shoulder when i needed someone to lean on.

There are so many more, but I am running out of time. I hope you all know that each and everyone who is close to me you have a special place in my heart. Some of those people are : Pappy, Dan, Carolyn, Taylor, Dave, Vicki, Grandpa Craig, Danny, Sam, Courtney, Chase, Q-Tip, Johnny Bravo, Dusty Devil, Candace, Joshua, All my friends from CHS, etc. The list goes on... We are very happy to have all of you in our lives and hope that you know it. Thank you all for doing your part in the family.

Love,
The Cox Family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.