Skip to main content

Going to "Yaya's"

So, Carol, Amanda, and I had this idea that since Carol was going to watch Riley and Shelby this weekend, she could take Kenzie with her. I didn't tell Kenzie she was going to see her cousins in Orlando. Amanda didn't tell Riley and Shelby that Kenzie was comming. It was all good... Or so I thought. After I had told Kenzie that Ryan was taking her to meet Yaya at her office, then she would take her to dinner before going home, Kenzie was ok when she left here. She was cool with it for a while in the car. Then when they got to McDonalds, Carol broke down. She said she couldn't get Kenzie to leave the play place there at the Mickey D's. So she said some thing like "Kenzie come on. We gotta go. We are going to Riley and Shelby's house for the weekend". I guess that got her attention because when I talked to her last, she was about 20 minutes from Amanda and Deke's house and Kenzie was sound asleep in the Explorer. I am sure she will have a great weekend. Apparently, Shelby had planned on wanting to teach Kenzie how to swim the next time she saw her, so it will be a great surprise for Shelby and Riley. Carol was going to get some little swimmie wings for Kenzie's arms so that they can safely get in the pool. After last Christmas when she fell in the pool, I was really a little scared when I heard about Shell Bell wanting to teach Kenzer how to swim! I don't know why but I guess it is just one of those Mommy things. Maddie has been great tonight. She just wants to go to Yaya's so she can "WING" . They have a hammock out on the back porch and she loves to swing in it with me. There is also a park within walking distance from their house that we walked them to the last time we were there so she remembers that. Ryan has been working a lot more this week. He worked 2 days at a temp agency, then on the second day he went and checked in on the facility and when Arnie saw him, he put Ryan to work. So he worked 5 hours in the morning at the temp job, then 4 hours at the facility Wednesday night, 9 hours Thursday and Friday, tomorrow he is working from 7a to 2p.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.