Skip to main content

Calloused and Bruised

I have found a new favorite song and the lyrics are below. It is the last song on my playlist, so if you wanna hear it, do the pop out player, and then go down to the bottom of my songs and select it. Ryan even likes it!

Calloused and bruised
Dazed and confused
My spirit is left wanting something more.

My selfish hopes
My selfish dreams
I'm lying with my face down on the floor,
Crying out for more
Crying out for more

Give me words to speak
Don't let my spirit sleep
Cause I can't think of anything worth saying.
But I know that I owe You my life.
Give me words to speak,
Don't let my spirit sleep...

Every night, every day
I find that I am nothing I can say.
So I stand here in silence
Waiting for guidance
I'm wanting only Your voice to be heard
Let 'em be Your words
Let 'em be Your words

Give me words to speak,
Don't let my spirit sleep.
Cause I can't think of anything worth saying.
But I know that I owe You my life.
Give me words to speak,
Don't let my spirit sleep...

I just don't understand
This life that I've been living
I just don't understand
Just don't understand
I just don't understand
These lies I've been believing
I just don't understand
Just don't understand

So give me words to speak
Don't let my spirit sleep
Cause I can't think of anything worth saying.
But I know taht I owe You my life.
Give me words to speak,
Don't let my spirit sleep.
I know I know I know I owe You my life...my life.

I heard this song while I was at work the other day and all I could remember was Calloused and Bruised, Dazed and confused... I typed those words in and you wouldn't believe the hits I got on google. I did it so I could find out who sang it so I can go get a copy of the cd. The artist is Aaron Shust if you are interested! The name of the song is Give me words to speak.

Have a good one... I am in the middle of a cake and took a break to put this in here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.