Skip to main content

A new Vaccum

So, last fall while Roy and Carol were in town, our vaccum broke. It was just the spring that holds the handle up so it doesn't fall over when not in use, so the rest of it worked fine. I just got tired of having to store it against a wall and my brother needed one anyway, so I went looking around and found this one. Click the link below to see it.

http://www.bissell.com/images/Products/3910-L.gif

I really like it. I have been vaccuming like a mad woman today. It really is more powerful than the older one was, and has better attachments. I have been cleaning the entire house just because.

Kenzie has been being herself. Just a 5 year old.

Maddie is learning new words every day, and today was the day for :
HINEY! She tells me hiney whenever she needs to be changed here today. So cute. She also learned how to point to all of her bodyparts. She does great! She even let her uncle Q-tip hold her today.

Now for Ryan. He went to Prospect to golf with Maxx today.

Q-Tip stopped by and got some of the baby stuff I have been getting together for him for Isaiah. I can't wait to see the little man since he is being named after my 1/2 brother who died when I was a teenager. Mark was a special person, and it was an unfortunate accident at work that took his life. I sent an arrangement with Q to put on Mark's grave for me. So the baby is going to be Isaiah Marcus Scott. Scott is one of Q's girlfrien's cousins who died in Iraq. So although there is a lot of depressing attributes to this baby, his birth will be a happy moment I sure do think. She is due this weekend, and I hope that all goes well with her.

I guess that does it for now. We are all getting really excited about moving. I have all of Maddie's room cleared out now so we are getting there. Talk to you all soon!

Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.