Skip to main content

"Freak of Nature"

Some might not like that. I got an e mail from my boss the other day at work after I had sent the girls an e mail saying that if they wanted to bring their christmas presents in to work, I would wrap them at night to keep me busy (not to mention, I LOVE TO WRAP PRESENTS). So when she e mails me back she says, "You are a freak of nature!"

So, tonight I called to further discuss my hours since Ryan is working 3p to 11 pm, I had to switch my hours around a little and we got to talking about having a christmas ornament exchange and I mentioned that I am making an ornament for it. She repled with "Making? YOU ARE A FREAK OF NATURE YOU KNOW!"

I love my boss! She is so cool! She is allowing me to basically come in when I can while staying extra to make up the hours that I had to give up due to Ryan's schedule. It is so cool to work with someone who is so flexible. She also added, "I know how hard it is to work night shift. I can't do it and if you are ever to the point of total exhaustion, please go home! I don't want to have you putting yourself or anyone else in danger as you drive home from work!" It was really sweet of her.

I spoke with Arne before leaving work this morning! It was great to get the chance to chat for a minute with him.

Lee came in before I left also and cleared up some confusion that we were having on one of the forms that we have now switched to! That was great.

Maria (my boss) is going to approve us a desk fan! YESSSSSSSSS! It gets so hot at the desk, so we will have one on the way soon!

The text messages I have been getting:
(lets see if you can dicifer who they are from and who they are referring to)

#1. "We made it. She's doing great. She slept most of the way."
#2. "She did well. She has a pretty bad cough. We're going to a friends today around four so I'll try to remember to call Kenzie"
#3. "Having so much fun. She loves this little piggy went to market. Just wanted to give you an update"

So, now it is your job to comment me back and try to tell me who the messages are from and who they are referring to.

I am going to get ready for work, so I will blog more later!
Dawn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.