Skip to main content

Back to Busyness

We all can relate, I am sure, to the rush of back to school.  There's supplies to purchase, clothes to organize, teachers to meet, kids to get back in routines, homes to reorganize from the summer fun, etc.  With all of this going on, we can all get a bit frazzled.  Well, the frazzling has begun!  We are less than a week away from school starting here and the girls are as excited as can be!  Mackenzie and Madison have had their backpacks packed full of school supplies for a couple of weeks, and so since today is Meet-The-Teacher Day at their schools, I'll be posting another time to fill you in on how that works for us with 2 different schools, 2 different sets of faculty, and 2 different cities for me to drive to for this event.  Before I do that though, I wanted to update you on our week thus far:

I've managed to somehow prep all of our food for the rest of the week!  So when it comes to cooking, it's going to be easy peasy!  We had some yummy Spaghetti with Zesty Bolognese Sauce on Monday, Mackenzie cooked a great Easy Cheesy Chicken and Mac with Veggies last night.  Madison helped me get everything in the crock pot for tonights Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew!  She also helped me make egg salad for today for lunch.  Then on Thursday, we are having a Chicken and Veggie Parmesan that Mackenzie is making.  (The good thing here is that I have already cooked the chicken so that won't take but a few minutes for her to cook :))  And on Friday, it's Pizza night in this house!  Woo Hoo!

So Monday it was a day of getting myself a schedule started, and that's gone well.  We've worked out every day so far this week, done our chores and had time for working/playing as we can.  Tuesday we continued that and did detailed cleaning in our rooms that we needed to do that in, so I was running through here like a mad woman attacking the kichen, hallway, livingroom, and bathroom.  The bedrooms are coming soon too :)  Like the Fly Lady says, "you are never behind, just jump in where you are."  that's the way it should be.  So that's what we are doing.  While I haven't been doing the flylady steps like I should, I have adopted some of her routines, and it really does help.  I'll be clearning hot spots today.  And for some reason my desk is always a hot spot.  As is the kitchen table for wierd reasons, but that will soon be fixed again.  Laundry is the habit of the month, so I am working on Mt. Washmore being nothing more than a few pieces of clothes at the bottom of the laundry basket.

Before we head out to the schools, I want to leave you with some inspiration for today.  Yesterday morning was quite trying for us, so with that being said, I want to leave you with a bible veres:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  Philippians 4:13

Just remember don't give up!  You can do it.  Push through the rough spot and Praise Him in the storms of this life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.