Skip to main content
Lately, I have had a really bad headache. I am talking for the last 3 days. It was so bad that I went to bed wayyyy early last night and it does feel much better today. Which is a good thing because Kenzie is having her birthday party today. Although the cake got ruined and we had to order one from publix, I think it will work out. I just am so bummed that it didn't work out. She asked me a long time ago to make this certain cake and I tried. I just wanted her to have her dream cake since when I was a kid I was lucky to be acknowledged as being the birthday kid let alone getting a cake. People don't understand why it upset me that the cake got ruined and they go to the extreme as one commenter did saying that I am unstable as a mother and that I need to go to a shrink. First of all if you are too scared to let me know who you are, I can't let you know how I really feel. Second, I will not be submitting myself to a shrink. I had a really bad experience with one as a kid and will never confide in anyone other than my sister ever again. I was forced to go to a shrink as a teenager. That shrink went back to my adopted mother and told her everything that was told in "confidentiality". After that, I stopped talking and will not even fathom to begin another round of my being violated by a stranger who is supposed to be helping me. It never helps anyone anyway. Now for me being unstable.... Well, let me see here. I do have my moments but doesn't everyone? I am a little more unhappy than the average happy go lucky wife and mother yes, but does that make me unstable? I am in a time of my life where I feel like my husband should support me in my decisions to take a day out to myself now and again, but I get:

"Kenzie, Mommy is going out with Angelena."

the child replies with, "I wanna go"

and the father answers: "Ok, I will tell her to take you"

What am I saying? I am saying that I get ABSOLUTELY NO time to myself. I am always home with the kids being driven crazy. I never get a chance to be alone. I have never had a moment where someone isn't in my face all the time. I get tired of that just like anyone else would. So, now that you know what is really going on would you leave my mental status out of it? Oh, and thank you for ruining my day on my daughter's birthday party day by judging me to be an unstable mother! That is just like saying that I should just not be with my kids in the first place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.