Skip to main content

"Mommy can I go bowling?"

So, Ryan and the girls picked me up from work on Sunday. I had worked 16 hours on Saturday and Renee (I love this girl) asked me if there was any way I would work my Sunday off. I was able to say yes and she gave me today off in exchange for helping them out via 24 hours worked on my weekend off. I ended my week way in overtime, so that helps too! Anyway, we get home and Kenzie says, "Mommy can I go bowling?" so, although I was tired, we went. I hadn't been bowling in years, and forgot how much fun we used to have when we did it, so here is what we did on SundayAbove you can see Kenzie wearing her very first pair of rental shoes! Too Cool! And the cosmic crazy party carpet beneath her feet make it even funner!I'm just hangin' out! My new favorite pastime is watching daddy, mommy, and sissy bowling! It is so much fun!
Rolling my first ball!Watch it! Watch it!Look at me. I'm a bowler! Lovin' it!
Daddy, it's your turn!
Here Kenzie, throw it like this!
Look at her ball! It looks good right about now!
Happy girl!

Look, she is trying to bowl left handed!"Aun Toni hold me!" Maddie and Kenzie are now calling our friend Toni "Aunt Toni" kind of cute! They love her! After bowling, we went to her house and the kids played with her son Dillon and we just hung out. Our other friend Kevin, from work stopped by and we had a blast! It has been a long time since we have done anything like this with the kid or adults, so I am happy to say, I will be working this into the budget so we can do it more often! We had fun and that is all it is about. Kenzie sat in front of this tree that is in Toni's yard and I had her look towards the cars so I could kind of get a profile shot! I think it turned out pretty good! I love these types of pics!

Now I have you updated on the fun we had fill me in on what you have been up to!

Loads of Love!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The importance of connections

 Many times, we don't take the opportunity in life to think about connections. Much like the way legos connect to erect the building or vehicle you are trying to create, without connecting pieces, our lives would fall apart. It's not often that we take time to reflect on those connections in meaningful ways. If I am honest, when we moved from Indiana back to Florida, we didn't appreciate the connections we had and so as I look back I wonder what life would have been like if we'd not only appreciated those connections, but supported them in meaningful ways.  Since moving to Greenville, not only have we made connections, but we've made it a part of life to connect with those people we've met that have become more like family than friends. We took the time to find a church that really believes in connecting with their people and not in a way that makes the patrons of the church feel like they are just a player in the game of chess and that player's job is to be

Oatmeal Energy Bites

 I have tried a few times and failed to save this on my computer, so I'm going to try here. Please see below:  Oatmeal Energy Bites Ingredients:  1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter 1 1/3 cups rolled oats 1 tbsp ground flaxseed 1 tbsp chia seed 1/4 cup shredded coconut 1/2 cup honey 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips 1 scoop protein powder (I use Shakeology) Instructions:  Mix all ingredients together well.  Using 1 tbsp of mixture, roll into balls.  Freeze to enjoy later.  Hope you enjoy it! 

Workout #27

So, here's the challenge. And above, you can see my entry. Kenzie had done crosswords or circle a words (I can't remember) with Gigi and I snapped a pic of her doing it. I absolutely love the design of the sketch we were supposed to use for this lo. It allows for a simple, yet stunning layout. It allows room for journaling as you can see that I added as well as plenty of negative space! And the breakdown goes like this, picture was taken from my collection, background paper was from k and company the best of k and company pad, the circles were literally just picked out of my scrap box. I didn't even look at the papers, i just did a random pick. the lettering was taken from an old sheet of alphas i had and I think they worked out great!!! Simple yet Stunning! Thank you Scrap Fit for the challenge.